5 bedroom manor house for sale
Portugal - Madeira, Funchal
like this property?Call: 03339 396426
- Unique period manor house "Quinta"
- Extensive award-winning gardens
- Privacy and tranquillity in central Funchal
- Stunning panoramic views
- Best climate in Madeira
- Full of charm, character & history
- Redevelopment opportunity as hotel, spa or clinic
- Potential with refurbishment to be a grand family residence
- A botanical paradise
The main house is arranged on a garden floor and three upper floors, extending to approx. 807 sq metres. It is currently arranged to provide three large double bedrooms with three bathrooms, two of which are en suite, and three smaller bedrooms. There are two separate lavatories. The living accomodation includes a charming conservatory, a hall, a large drawing room, a dining room, a living room, a study, a kitchen, a pantry and two superb terraces with breath-taking sea views. There is plenty of scope for restructuring the interior layout.
The "Quintinha" is a detached cottage in the grounds, of the same period as the Quinta, and is arranged on ground and first floors, offering one double bedroom, a bathroom, a large living room, a dining room with a terrace and a kitchen.
The extensive accommodation and grounds offer a unique redevelopment opportunity either as a renovated single residence, with staff accommodation, or as a conversion to apartments. Other uses could include a retirement home, a timeshare, or a range of commercial uses, including a hotel, spa or clinic, subject to final planning.
A new development on the Estate would enjoy excellent views, without prejudicing the potential or the views from the Quinta. Local architects have worked up various outline development proposals for the Estate liasing with the local planning authorities.
For those considering an investment in a luxury residence as a second (holiday) home or as a retirement destination, consider the advantages of Madeira Island :
* Sub-tropical climate - warm & pleasant year round
* Natural beauty - dramatic scenery, lush & colourful, known as the "Garden of the Atlantic"
* Ease of access - within 3 hours flight time from most European cities, direct flights from over 40 destinations in Europe, daily flights to London and Lisbon
* Protected environment - 70% of the island is protected parkland & forest
* Activities/Amenities - wide range of sports & leisure activities; two Golf courses near to Funchal
* Tourist infrastructure - long known as a quality tourist destination, with lots to see & do* Quality of life - a friendly, safe & clean place to visit and to live in (Note: one of the lowest incidences of crime in Europe)
Legal and fiscal situation
* Property transfer taxes - IMT tax, Stamp duty, reigistration and notary fees - max. 7%
* Inheritance tax - Effective 1st January 2004, inheritance tax abolished in Portugal. There is still a 10% stamp duty charge though on transfer of assets. Gifts/donations to a spouse (husband or wife), children, parents or grandparents are exempt.
* Capital gains tax - Flat 25% tax levy on all capital gains effected by non-residents.
* Portuguese (EU) Residence Permit - Since July 2012, the NON-EU PURCHASER has a right to apply for a Portuguese residence permit (with subsequent freedom of movement in Schengen countries) following purchase of real estate in Portugal with A MINIMUM INVESTMENT OF ¿500.000
* Non-Habitual Resident's Regime - offering fiscal advantages particularly to non-Portuguese retirees taking up residence in Portugal
- Funchal (International), 13.7 miles
*Distances are straight line measurements. This feature is currently in beta.