5 bedroom villa for sale
Portugal - Madeira, Funchal
like this property?Call: 03339 396426
- Large plot adjacent to Palheiro Golf course
- Attractive classical Portuguese architecture
- Vaulted ceilings and concealed uplighting
- Heated infinity pool, extensive sun-deck
- Stunning panoramic views
- Designed by Michael Brown Associates
- Excellent specification and build quality
- Complete privacy, secure Estate
- Full underfloor heating and multi-split A/C
- All bedrooms with terraces viewing Funchal Bay
Designed by international architects Michael Brown Associates, this recently completed luxury villa spans 570 sq.m. and is the perfect property from which to enjoy the lifestyle of the Palheiro Estate, and the natural beauty of Madeira.
Landscaped garden, heated outdoor infinity pool, excellent views.
Plot area: 2.695 sq. m.
Gross construction area (approx.): 570 sq. m. + extensive terraces
•Golf membership available
•Gated access off estate road
•Easy access to Funchal & airport
•Separate double garage with large forecourt
•American style kitchen, dining and family room
•Formal living area with solid stone open fireplace
•Generous room sizes with vaulted ceilings and coved up lighting in all upper floor living areas
•4 large bedrooms all with en-suite bathrooms and dressing areas
•Additional bedroom /study
•Wide use of natural stone and terracotta
•Under-floor heating throughout, multi functional air conditioning system
•All living areas and bedrooms share large terraces with south westerly views over Funchal Bay
•Heated infinity pool with electric cover, vast pool terraces with views to Funchal
•Additional storage rooms, possibility to create games room
•Colourful landscaped garden
For those considering an investment in a luxury residence as a second (holiday) home or as a retirement destination, consider the advantages of Madeira Island :
• Sub-tropical climate - warm & pleasant year round
• Natural beauty - dramatic scenery, lush & colourful, known as the "Garden of the Atlantic"
• Ease of access - within 3 hours flight time from most European cities, direct flights from over 40 destinations in Europe, daily flights to London and Lisbon
• Protected environment - 70% of the island is protected parkland & forest
• Activities/Amenities - wide range of sports & leisure activities; two Golf courses near to Funchal
• Tourist infrastructure - long known as a quality tourist destination, with lots to see & do• Quality of life - a friendly, safe & clean place to visit and to live in (Note: one of the lowest incidences of crime in Europe)
Legal and fiscal situation
• Property transfer taxes - IMT tax, Stamp duty, reigistration and notary fees - max. 7%
• Inheritance tax - Effective 1st January 2004, inheritance tax abolished in Portugal. There is still a 10% stamp duty charge though on transfer of assets. Gifts/donations to a spouse (husband or wife), children, parents or grandparents are exempt.
• Capital gains tax - Flat 25% tax levy on all capital gains effected by non-residents.
• Portuguese (EU) Residence Permit - Since July 2012, the NON-EU PURCHASER has a right to apply for a Portuguese residence permit (with subsequent freedom of movement in Schengen countries) following purchase of real estate in Portugal with A MINIMUM INVESTMENT OF €500.000
• Non-Habitual Resident's Regime - offering fiscal advantages particularly to non-Portuguese retirees taking up residence in Portugal
More information from this agent
- Funchal (International), 13.7 miles
*Distances are straight line measurements. This feature is currently in beta.