4 bedroom villa for sale
Portugal - Madeira, Calheta, Estreito Da Calheta
like this property?Call: 03339 396426
- Quiet and private countryside property
- Excellent build quality
- Well-designed and comfortable interior layout
- Swimming pool and landscaped garden
- Handicap righteous
- Irrigation water available
- Energy efficient - solar panels
- Attractively furnished for the holiday rental market
- Dry sunny climate - south-west of Madeira
Quiet and private, the villa has an open-plan living/dining-room, a fully equipped kitchen with laundry area, one downstairs bedroom with bathroom, and three well designed bedrooms, one ensuite and one shared bathroom, on the upper floor.
The ground floor of the villa has been designed to be wheelchair friendly with wide doors and ensuite bedroom facilities, as well as easy access to the garden areas.
The property has a carport for two cars, an 8 x 4 m swimming pool with pre-installation for pool heating, solar panels for domestic hot water, and pre-installation for A/C, alarm system and Cable TV.
It is an economic property to run, and energy efficient with EPC level B.
This is an ideal property for retirement or use as a second home, and also profits from good rental income as it has been recently furnished and is rented out as a holiday property.
Property management and rental services are readily available.
For those considering an investment in a luxury residence as a second (holiday) home or as a retirement destination, consider the advantages of Madeira Island :
• Sub-tropical climate - warm & pleasant year round
• Natural beauty - dramatic scenery, lush & colourful, known as the "Garden of the Atlantic"
• Ease of access - within 3 hours flight time from most European cities, direct flights from over 40 destinations in Europe, daily flights to London and Lisbon
• Protected environment - 70% of the island is protected parkland & forest
• Activities/Amenities - wide range of sports & leisure activities; two Golf courses near to Funchal
• Tourist infrastructure - long known as a quality tourist destination, with lots to see & do• Quality of life - a friendly, safe & clean place to visit and to live in (Note: one of the lowest incidences of crime in Europe)
Legal and fiscal situation
• Property transfer taxes - IMT tax, Stamp duty, reigistration and notary fees - max. 7%
• Inheritance tax - Effective 1st January 2004, inheritance tax abolished in Portugal. There is still a 10% stamp duty charge though on transfer of assets. Gifts/donations to a spouse (husband or wife), children, parents or grandparents are exempt.
• Capital gains tax - Flat 25% tax levy on all capital gains effected by non-residents.
• Portuguese (EU) Residence Permit - Since July 2012, the NON-EU PURCHASER has a right to apply for a Portuguese residence permit (with subsequent freedom of movement in Schengen countries) following purchase of real estate in Portugal with A MINIMUM INVESTMENT OF €500.000
• Non-Habitual Resident's Regime - offering fiscal advantages particularly to non-Portuguese retirees taking up residence in Portugal
- Funchal (International), 23.7 miles
*Distances are straight line measurements. This feature is currently in beta.