6 bedroom castle for sale
Italy - Umbria, Perugia, Panicale
like this property?Call: 03339 397352
- wooden beams
A few miles from the nearby Tuscany, with a beautiful view of the Umbrian hills and Lake Trasimeno in the old medieval hamlet of Panicale, historic residence, which follows the curves of the city walls, characterized by an almost circular tower of considerable protrusion and a heavily fortified rectangular tower, with two slits, large Florentine coat of arms and loggia with arches resting on a very large bracketed base.
Built in 1419 by Gigliani Diomedes, the Notary of Perugia and Marquis Venuti, the residence has always been the home to noble families: such as Count Mancini, Patrizi of Cortona, Count Donini Ferretti, Patrizi of Perugia, and today continues to be inhabited by a noble family.
The prestigious castle, of 1,380 gross square metres, of which 945 sqm is usable, has been developed over 5 floors and features two original period towers, one square and one round.
- On the ground floor, there are the former stables, today, mostly used as a garage and exhibition halls; In addition there is the main entrance with the stone staircase leading to the upper floors.
- The first floor has, on one side of the palazzo, a large living room and bathrooms, while on the other side; there is an apartment with independent entrance, made up of a kitchen, two bedrooms and a bathroom.
- On the second floor, there is the main apartment divided into a small living room, kitchen, dining room with fireplace, and master bedroom with ensuite bathroom situated in the round tower, second bedroom, also with bathroom, hallway and spacious storage areas. A lift connects this floor to the upper level.
- On the third floor there is a small living room, a large living room with fireplace which leads to two bedrooms, and a library with an archive room. In the round tower, there is a walk-in closet, bathroom and a large room with wooden staircase that leads to the square tower which has a room, that opens the loft to the lower compartment, while outside, there is a beautiful terrace and loggia with views overlooking the valley and Lake Trasimeno.
-The fourth floor is the attic area, four large rooms, with characteristic terracotta floors and large wooden beamed ceilings with the potential to transform this space into liveable attics.
The prestigious property is in excellent condition. Renovated in 2006, it retains the original architectural features: with a brick and stone exterior; the interior has main entrances with antique gates, an internal stone staircase, decorated doors, living room, and wooden beams;
All necessary utilities are present at the property. There is a central heating system divided into 3 sections, with 2 Viessman condensing boilers; a plumbing system with an anti-limescale filter; a completely rewired electric system divided into three sections, with electric cables installed throughout the historic property, and not only is there a TV connection, but there is also sky and internet connections.
The prestigious 'Castello di Panicale' is located in a strategic position close to all the important historic towns of Umbria and Tuscany, it is a perfect solution for those who wish to live in a quiet village combined with the creation of a small tourist accommodation business, for visiting tourists to Panicale's medieval town. Thanks to two completely independent entrances and the main staircase that connects the different external plans of the living area, privacy is guaranteed even with guests staying. Another potential idea would be to create an antique centre/exhibition hall using all the original settings at the castle's disposal.
- Florence (International), 70.7 miles
- Peretola (International), 70.8 miles
- Leonardo da Vinci (International), 84 miles
- Ciampino (International), 87.6 miles
- Marina di Campo (International), 95.1 miles
*Distances are straight line measurements. This feature is currently in beta.