7 bedroom detached house for sale
Ireland - Longford, Newtown Forbes
like this property?Call: 03339 391589
- Property of distinction and character but in need of major refurbishment & upgrading
- Lush tranquil setting just off the N4 route
- Convenient location in a much sought after location close to the river Shannon & Royal Canal
- Generously proportioned accommodation
- Perfect family home or home / business combined
- BER G
- Overall Floor Area: 330 Sq. Metres (3,552 Sq. Feet)
- c.3.7 acre site.
- MAJOR REFURBISHMENT REQUIRED.
A property of character, within a mile and a half of Longford town, Lios na Bó is a much sought after area, surrounded by rich pasture land and tastefully designed residences, which manage to be both unobtrusive and imposing. "Lios na Bó House", while requiring major refurbishment, offers generously proportioned accommodation, extending to c.330sqm (3,552sq ft), kitchen with AGA cooker, 3 reception rooms and 2 additional rooms - formerly used as a waiting room and the doctor's surgery, 7 bedrooms spread over two wings. Access to the house, stable yard and paddocks is via a double curved avenue. The stable yard retains its original stone built stables and stone-barn. This property could lend itself to a number of uses, perfect for a family home, or home /business combined.
"Lios na Bó House" and its environs offers country living at its best, close to the recently restored Royal Canal which meanders through the beautifully kept villages of Clondra and Killashee, Lough Forbes, and the River Shannon in Tarmonbarry. Sporting enthusiasts will enjoy the proximity of Longford Rugby and G.A.A. Clubs, and the availability of golf and tennis clubs and state of the art swimming pool locally.
- Knock (INTERNATIONAL), 40.9 miles
- Sligo (LOCAL), 46.8 miles
- Galway (INTERNATIONAL), 56.1 miles
- Dublin (INTERNATIONAL), 69 miles
- Connemara (LOCAL), 76.9 miles
*Distances are straight line measurements. This feature is currently in beta.