16 bedroom finca for sale
Portugal - Madeira, Santa Cruz
like this property?Call: 03339 396426
- Established rural tourism project
- Set in lush mature grounds of 9000m2
- Main house available as separate purchase
- Smaller cabins/houses sleep 20 pax.
- Exterior swimming pool
- Perfect as a yoga retreat centre or like
- Quiet and totally private
- Relaxed independant living
With in total approx. 9000m2 land - mature woodlands, gardens, lawns -, the property features a number of buildings - a main log cabin sleeping 8, a stone house sleeping 2, a red chalet sleeping 6, and 8 smaller timber chalets each sleeping 2. With full occupancy the property can currently accomodate 28 pax. The Quinta has an exterior pool in the landscaped gardens.
Set in lush natural surroundings with its own private stream, close to the Golf course of Santo da Serra, to horseriding and mountain trekking, and within walking distance of the village of Santo da Serra. It lies only 10 minutes from the Madeira International Airport.
Quinta das Eiras is ideal as a full-time living/ retirement property with the smaller houses generating good rental returns, or could be converted into a retreat centre for various activites such as yoga workshops, or meditiation retreats. Peace and quiet and complete privacy are guaranteed.
The property is for sale in its entirety, or as two separate entities: main house & stone house with 4000m2 as one property, and the other 9 rental units with 5000m2 land as the second property.
Occupancy rates are currently of approx. 50%
Please enquire for full details.
For those considering an investment in a luxury residence as a second (holiday) home or as a retirement destination, consider the advantages of Madeira Island :
• Sub-tropical climate – warm & pleasant year round
• Natural beauty – dramatic scenery, lush & colourful, known as the “Garden of the Atlantic”
• Ease of access – within 3 hours flight time from most European cities, direct flights from over 40 destinations in Europe, daily flights to London and Lisbon
• Protected environment – 70% of the island is protected parkland & forest
• Activities/Amenities – wide range of sports & leisure activities; two Golf courses near to Funchal
• Tourist infrastructure – long known as a quality tourist destination, with lots to see & do• Quality of life - a friendly, safe & clean place to visit and to live in (Note: one of the lowest incidences of crime in Europe)
Legal and fiscal situation
• Property transfer taxes – IMT tax, Stamp duty, reigistration and notary fees – max. 7%
• Inheritance tax – Effective 1st January 2004, inheritance tax abolished in Portugal. There is still a 10% stamp duty charge though on transfer of assets. Gifts/donations to a spouse (husband or wife), children, parents or grandparents are exempt.
• Capital gains tax – Flat 25% tax levy on all capital gains effected by non-residents.
• Portuguese (EU) Residence Permit - Since July 2012, the NON-EU PURCHASER has a right to apply for a Portuguese residence permit (with subsequent freedom of movement in Schengen countries) following purchase of real estate in Portugal with A MINIMUM INVESTMENT OF €500.000
• Non-Habitual Resident's Regime - offering fiscal advantages particularly to non-Portuguese retirees taking up residence in Portugal
- Funchal (International), 8.1 miles
*Distances are straight line measurements. This feature is currently in beta.