10 bedroom manor house for sale
Italy - Tuscany, Arezzo, Arezzo
like this property?Call: 03339 396794
The “Castellaccio” was the ancient residence of the noble family Ubertini di Valenzano, belonging to Ubertino di Gualfreduccio until the year 1221. It is built on the ruins of the more ancient premedieval Castle which dates back to the year one thousand.
The present Manor, as is certain from the multiple documents available, dates back to the 1700s.
Located in Vogognano, 20 kilometers from Arezzo, the location takes its name “località Castellaccio”, meaning the Fortress, from the Caste itself. It rises on top of a hill, above the characteristic town of Vogognano, from which it dominates the entire valley of the Tuscan hills, the river Arno running right through the valley below.
The Manor, is sited in one od the best climatic area for the production of one if the best wine made in Italy, the Chianti, location awarede as DOC area .
The Castellaccio propriety comprises a total area of approximately 9500 Square meters , at the moment 1500Sqm have been developed and the left 8000Sqm consist in land mainly cultivated on olive trees.
The nobel Manor, is in good condition and immediately available, measures approximately 800Sqm split over two floors along with a small tower, comprises :
- 22 rooms, some of which still have only partially revealed “frescoes” dating back to the 1700s.
On the Ground floor we have:
- Kitchen , dining room , 2 utility room where 1 is used to keep the wood, Bath and cantina
- Several cellars are located at the Manor
- Also included on the sale 4 Annexes, of all togethere meausre around Sqm 200, where one is in good condition and others need renovation work.
However, The Castle , of great historical and artistic interest, is NOT under any constraints by the Italian organization for cultural heritage conservation (“Belle Arti” organization) so it can be renovated and expanded at will.
- Peretola (International), 41.9 miles
- Florence (International), 41.9 miles
- Galileo (International), 75.5 miles
- Borgo Panigale (International), 80.8 miles
- Marina di Campo (International), 95.1 miles
*Distances are straight line measurements. This feature is currently in beta.