2 bedroom villa for sale
Portugal - Madeira, Santa Cruz
like this property?Call: 03339 396426
- Exceptional contemporary interior design and finishes
- Excellent construction quality
- Property comprises three plots with total area of 5700m2
- Currently two-bedroom, but easy to convert to a three-bedroom property
- Spectacular panoramic ocean and island views
- 4 minutes to the Santo da Serra golf course, 5 minutes to the airport e 15 minutes to Funchal
- Air-conditioning and under floor heating
- Generous games room/gymnasium in basement
- Landscaped garden with automatic irrigation
- Overflow pool with pre-installation for pool heating
This unique property which has been constructed, finished & equipped to meet the highest standards, offers spectacular views over the ocean and the Desertas islands, & enjoys peace, tranquility and complete privacy, whlst being only 5 minutes from the Santo da Serra Golf course, 10 minutes to the airport and 15 minutes to Funchal.
The property has a large garden area with overflow swimming pool and decking. The two adjacent plots are being sold together with the house, so the total land area is of approx. 5.700m2. This allows an extended garden or the possibility of constructing a guest house or second house.
The property, which has a gross construction area of approximately 400m2, dates from 2007, but has been meticulously looked after and is "as new".
The property comprises:
Landscaped garden, Decking, Pool with overflow (waterfall) and 180 degree views to the ocean, the Desertas islands, the Ponta de São Lourenço (easternmost point of island) and Caniçal.
Garage for 3 cars
Top-of-the-range kitchen and laundry, TV room, extensive open-plan living & dining room
Lower floor - Generous gymnasium/games room/home cinema
2 magnificent suites + 1 study (could easily be a third bedroom).
The sales price does not include the furniture, although the owners may be open to selling some pieces.
For those considering an investment in a luxury residence as a second (holiday) home or as a retirement destination, consider the advantages of Madeira Island :
* Sub-tropical climate - warm & pleasant year round
* Natural beauty - dramatic scenery, lush & colourful, known as the "Garden of the Atlantic"
* Ease of access - within 3 hours flight time from most European cities, direct flights from over 40 destinations in Europe, daily flights to London and Lisbon
* Protected environment - 70% of the island is protected parkland & forest
* Activities/Amenities - wide range of sports & leisure activities; two Golf courses near to Funchal
* Tourist infrastructure - long known as a quality tourist destination, with lots to see & do* Quality of life - a friendly, safe & clean place to visit and to live in (Note: one of the lowest incidences of crime in Europe)
Legal and fiscal situation
* Property transfer taxes - IMT tax, Stamp duty, reigistration and notary fees - max. 7%
* Inheritance tax - Effective 1st January 2004, inheritance tax abolished in Portugal. There is still a 10% stamp duty charge though on transfer of assets. Gifts/donations to a spouse (husband or wife), children, parents or grandparents are exempt.
* Capital gains tax - Flat 25% tax levy on all capital gains effected by non-residents.
* Portuguese (EU) Residence Permit - Since July 2012, the NON-EU PURCHASER has a right to apply for a Portuguese residence permit (with subsequent freedom of movement in Schengen countries) following purchase of real estate in Portugal with A MINIMUM INVESTMENT OF ¿500.000
* Non-Habitual Resident's Regime - offering fiscal advantages particularly to non-Portuguese retirees taking up residence in Portugal
- Funchal (International), 13.1 miles
*Distances are straight line measurements. This feature is currently in beta.