3 bedroom house for sale
Portugal - Algarve, Monchique
like this property?Call: 01865 600018
- Peaceful & remote, yet readily accessible
- Grows both oranges and apples!
- Only 40 minutes drive to South or (wild) West coast
- Stunning views
- Established organic terraces
- B&B or retreat potential
- Grows both parsnips and sweet potatoes!
- Recently refurbished
- Solar-heated water
- Wood-burning stove uses eucalyptus from estate
Price further reduced Jan 2015 (now equiv to £156,000 at exchange rate of 12⁄1⁄15)
Quinta Pintados is a traditional rural Portuguese farmhouse with 25,000 m² of land, with terraces of orange and lemon trees, as well as flat land with further lemon trees; eucalyptus trees used for firewood and cash crop, as well as various other fruit trees. The land is suitable for growing a wide variety of vegetables . . . from sweet potatoes to parsnips! The house has a living area of approximately 100m², with garage and other out-buildings giving a total built area of 150m².
On a good road, convenient for Monchique with its convenience store and local market (with excellent fish!), Quinta Pintados is not overlooked by neighbours and is a wonderful base for mountain walks.
The house has been restored over the last eight years, including:
Complete rewiring throughout
Three double glazed outer doors (2013)
New insulated roof and supporting beams in dining room (2011)
Outside paved and covered terrace eating area
Family bathroom with walk-in shower
The property also features:
three double bedrooms, one of which has en-suite shower room.
· Wood burning stove - "Kaminöfen Solaro" 7kW output
· Internet and phone line
· Mains electricity
· Access by tarmac road
· Solar water heating system
· Wood paneled and beamed ceilings in kitchen, living room, bathroom, office⁄study, 3rd bedroom and dining room
· Outbuildings and garage⁄workshop
· 25,000 m² land
· irrigation tank with agricultural water supply (also used indoors but not for drinking)
· Suitable for organic growing - land has had no chemicals used on it for over 8 years
- Faro (International), 39.3 miles
*Distances are straight line measurements. This feature is currently in beta.