6 bedroom country house for sale
Portugal - Madeira, Funchal
like this property?Call: 03339 396426
- Unique location near clifftop
- Licensed as a small hotel or perfect as a family home
- Spectacular views over the bay of Funchal
- Extensive grounds, room for a pool
- Perfect climate - close to sea level
- Within walking distance of Funchal city centre
- Haven of peace & quiet
- Scope for further development
- Own spring and access to levada irrigation water
The value of this property lies in its unique location on the cliff-edge overlooking the harbour of Funchal. The extensive grounds span 4,000m2 and the property can both support in planning terms either further development (new build) or extensions to the existing property to become a larger hotel or clinic, as well as to be separated into smaller plots for independent construction.
It has access to levada (irrigation) water and has its own spring water. Part of the land is currently agricultural land with fruits and vegetables.
Quinta São Gonçalo is located in east Funchal, 100 metres above sea level, offering the warmest and sunniest climate in Funchal. It is close enough to walk to the city centre.
The 440 sq.m floor area of the manor house composes the following rooms:
Ground floor; hall, living room, dining room, kitchen (hotel), office, games and TV room, guest wc, laundry, multipurpose room.
Top floor: 1 junior suite with 12 sq.m balcony & 3 ensuite bedrooms all with views to the ocean,
the Bay of Funchal, and the gardens; 1 ensuite bedroom with a view of typical banana trees.
The grounds also house further outbuildings which serve as maid's quarters and storage rooms as well as an 800m3 water tank for irrigation water.
There is a closed garage as well as extensive opening parking space.
The property has one automatic entrance gate and two further manual entrances.
For those considering an investment in a luxury residence as a second (holiday) home or as a retirement destination, consider the advantages of Madeira Island :
• Sub-tropical climate - warm & pleasant year round
• Natural beauty - dramatic scenery, lush & colourful, known as the "Garden of the Atlantic"
• Ease of access - within 3 hours flight time from most European cities, direct flights from over 40 destinations in Europe, daily flights to London and Lisbon
• Protected environment - 70% of the island is protected parkland & forest
• Activities/Amenities - wide range of sports & leisure activities; two Golf courses near to Funchal
• Tourist infrastructure - long known as a quality tourist destination, with lots to see & do• Quality of life - a friendly, safe & clean place to visit and to live in (Note: one of the lowest incidences of crime in Europe)
Legal and fiscal situation
• Property transfer taxes - IMT tax, Stamp duty, reigistration and notary fees - max. 7%
• Inheritance tax - Effective 1st January 2004, inheritance tax abolished in Portugal. There is still a 10% stamp duty charge though on transfer of assets. Gifts/donations to a spouse (husband or wife), children, parents or grandparents are exempt.
• Capital gains tax - Flat 25% tax levy on all capital gains effected by non-residents.
• Portuguese (EU) Residence Permit - Since July 2012, the NON-EU PURCHASER has a right to apply for a Portuguese residence permit (with subsequent freedom of movement in Schengen countries) following purchase of real estate in Portugal with A MINIMUM INVESTMENT OF €500.000
• Non-Habitual Resident's Regime - offering fiscal advantages particularly to non-Portuguese retirees taking up residence in Portugal
- Funchal (International), 8.5 miles
*Distances are straight line measurements. This feature is currently in beta.