2 bedroom detached house for sale
Italy - Sicily, Palermo, Giuliana
like this property?Call: 00393296689060
- BIG BARGAIN
- built-in kitchen
- super convenient price
The owner wants to give the property to a foreigner who wants to renovate it in order to live in his second home here in Sicily.
The property requires a special maintenance and the works will be followed by an architect specialized in the recovery of historic Giuliana on demand.
The amount to be spent for the restoration of the property is about 35 thousand euro.
In the basement there are three rooms: the first of 7.20 square meters, 9.03 square meters and the second to the third of 11.18 square meters. The entrance is independent from Via Cacioppo 2. On the ground floor with private entrance from discesa Caparrera there is a bedroom of 16,10 sqm with two balconies and an communicating hall of 8.10 square meters that leads upstairs where there is a kitchen of 8.90 sqm.
GIULIANA is a Sicilian town counting 2.032 people, province of Palermo. It is placed 77 kms far from Palermo and 84 kms from Agrigento lying about 700 meters on the sea level. For some reason it seems the time stopped by in Giuliana: this town gives you an impression to rise up from the far Middle Ages, protected by the magnificent castle of Frederick II, amid its alleys, brick stone buildings and narrow streets. There in the mount where the town lies there was a manor up to 1185, belonging to Gens Julia, the same family of Julius Caesar and the reason why the town is named after.
In 1185 the Norman Emperor William the good gave GIULIANA as a gift to the Archbishop of Monreale, while its town-identity developed in 14th century when it was part of territories of Ventimiglia Family at first, Peraltas at last. In 1543, emperor Carlo V declared the town as a shire. In 1997 citizens re evoked their history and reliving their passage from county to shire. The castle built under the reign of the emperor Frederick II Hohenstaufen has recently been restored, even if not in all its parts, under the Patronage of Region Sicily. The castle was built in the 1200s for its high strategic value. The town is placed in the deepest southern part of the Province of Palermo, and its castle represented the perfect observatory to coltrol the wide valley up to the seaside of Agrigento’s cost, rising up on the Rock of Giuliana. But not only the castle, but also the historical center revives the Swabian –Norman era.
Apart from the castle, other monuments can be admired in town, such as the rests of an Arabic building called “CUBA”, or the Cathedral and other churches dating from 1500s to 1800s.
- Palermo Punta Raisi (International), 58.3 miles
*Distances are straight line measurements. This feature is currently in beta.