4 bedroom villa for sale
Portugal - Ribatejo, Ferreira do Zêzere
like this property?Call: 03339 391468
- 4 BEDROOMS + 1 DINING ROOM
- 3 BATHROOMS + 2 KITCHENS
- 1 WINE CELLAR + 2 LOUNGES/SEATING ROOMS
- 2 SUNROOMS "MARQUISES" WITH ACCESS TO BALCONIES
- 1 LARGE VERANDA WITH VIEWS +2nd FLOOR VIEWING ROOM
- POSSIBILITY OF CONVERTING GROUND FLOOR TO FULLY INDEPENDENT GRANNY FLAT
- BOUNDARIES ARE FULLY FENCED FOR PRIVACY
- TOTAL PLOT 2000 SQUARE METERS.
- EXTERNAL GARAGE
- BOREHOLE + 1 WELL
• Those looking for an easy renovation project with character need look no further; this quirky villa has lots of potential to convert to a spacious family Villa with little expense.
• Great views from the roof terrace and veranda overlooking the back garden which is flat and faces south.
• Versatile design can be used as a large 4 bed family home or two 2 bedroom apartments.
• 5 good condition annexes one is a 3rd kitchen with open fire place other with wood fired oven another was a purpose built large pigeon house and the others for storage.
• Lots of space for installation of a large swimming pool.
• Sun shutters in various windows.
• All Roofs are in very good condition
• All wooden flooring and doors in very good condition.
• Outdoor courtyard with large covered space suitable to cater for large events.
• Garage accessible from the outside with roof being a sun lounge veranda with views facing north.
• Approximately 7 minutes drive to the historical river beach town of Dornes steeped in a 2000 year history, with a Roman Tower and Medieval Church.
• In a very quiet spot in the countryside at short driving distance from places of natural beauty such as Natural River pools.
• Bordered by numerous natural hiking tracks with great scenery spots provided by the mountain top and forest land in Central Portugal.
The property has a footprint of covered area including annexes of 196 square meters, is in liveable condition but requires modernisation in some areas, some cracks on walls although not structural need to be repaired and full decorating is recommended due to the property been empty for approximately 2 years. There are full plans available from when the villa was upgraded so one can get a better idea of the layout. The house is for sale with most furniture, but if not required it can be arranged to be emptied. Highly recommended viewing, very good value for money!
There are various small annexes currently used for wood storage, support kitchen, bread oven and a two floor pigeon house which has a prominent tower.
The garden to the back measures approximately 1100 square meters, has numerous olive and fruit trees and as it faces south is an ideal location for a swimming pool.
The entire perimeter of the property is walled.
About the Area
The property is situated in a rural location on the edge of the village "Fonte Seca" 4 minutes drive from the village of Beco where you can find cafe/bars and a mini-market, though is not isolated there is a café at less than a km from the property.
The Villa is approximately 18minutes by car from the towns of Ferreira do Zezere and Alvaiazere which both offer a range of services and amenities such as, restaurants, cafés, market, banks, medical centre, post office, pharmacy, Police station, Registry office, Tax office, Court room, Indoor and Outdoor swimming pools, full size football pitch, athletics running track and more.
The historic town of Tomar, which is home to the UNESCO listed Convento do Cristo, founded by the Templar's crusaders is only 25 minutes drive from the property.
All major European high street shopping is also available in the city of Coimbra the 3rd biggest city in Portugal which is only 40 minutes drive on the A13 motorway.
There are also very good access roads to the IC8 dual carriageway, which leads to the coastal towns of Figueira da Foz and can be reached by car in approximately 1hour 10 min.
The closest airport to the property is situated at Lisbon, which is approximately one and three quarter hours' by car.