2 bedroom apartment for sale
Italy - Lazio, Frosinone, Arpino
like this property?Call: 03339 390607
- Fully restored apartment in historic town centre
- Part of a small block of only 3 apartments
- Opportunity to purchase a smaller apartment downstairs - possibly for guests
- Private and enclosed garden on title
- Beautiful terrace area
- Large cellar rooms on title
- Presently space for moped parking
- Private kitchen balcony with space for a table and BBQ
A few minutes walking distance to the main square of Arpino, this apartment is perfectly positioned for you to enjoy Italian piazza life.
The apartment is part of an old palazzo, built in the 1700's and beautifully restored to a very high standard. The original noble family's coat of arms is proudly displayed above the stone door entrance. The only apartment located on the 2nd floor of the palazzo, there are fabulous views reaching across the ancient town of Arpino and beyond to the valleys and mountains ranges.
Entry is from a beautiful stone staircase that was cleverly designed to maximise light from internal light-wells. This apartment has a charming courtyard on title a private walled garden that is accessed from the staircase.
The staircase also gives access to this apartment's large private cellars, which are a series of rooms including a wine cellar and, because one large room of the cellars has its own doorway to the street, there is also a place to park your motor scooter. Council approval would need to be sought for opening up this doorway to accommodate a small car, but for now there is a free public car park located very close by.
The apartment opens up into the main salon, an elegant, sophisticated room with original oak ceilings. Two sets of French doors with shutters allow breath-taking views from the front of the room and there is a beautiful curved balcony of stone, edged with old wrought iron.
To the left of the salon is a large eat-in kitchen, featuring its own balcony - a perfect place to house your BBQ and even a small table. A short hallway leading off from the kitchen provides access to a bathroom and to a handy store room or pantry area.
A double sized bedroom is located at the front of the apartment, which enjoys the same fabulous views as the salon.
A second sitting room is accessed from the right of the main salon. Presently used as a very large study, this room would make an ideal TV room. A smaller study room leads off from this room, and also a large bathroom.
The master bedroom is very spacious and, owing to the windows stretching across its front & side, it is filled with light and seemingly endless views.
The apartment is in a perfect state of repair, it has been fully renovated to a high standard and the building was re-roofed in 1998.
Energy rating classification - G
ARPINO AND THE CIOCIARIA
Arpino is one of the major medieval hilltop towns in the area of Italy called the Ciociaria, the name given to the fertile land that lies south of Rome but north of Naples, situated inland in the hills in the heart of Italy.
The Ciociaria region is within easy reach of both Rome and Naples and their respective airports. A day's shopping in Rome is a common pastime, while an even shorter drive brings you to the charming beaches south of Rome. Alternatively, drive east, and the mountains of the Abruzzo National Park await with horse trekking in the magnificent beech forests, and sparkling mountain lakes and rivers where you can swim in the heat of the summer. And at the other extreme of temperature, although Arpino itself is temperate, less than an hour's drive brings you to the winter ski slopes.
Often overlooked, both by tourists and by those foreigners in search of an Italian home, in favour of the more publicized regions of Tuscany and Umbria, the Ciociaria remains largely an unspoilt gem with beautiful scenery and medieval hilltop towns. A home or second home in the Ciociaria, in the hilltop towns of Arpino, Veroli, Alatri or in the rolling countryside that surrounds them, will afford you a setting where over two thousand years of history combine with an idyllic rural Italian lifestyle, where you can still discover the 'real' Italy and take time out from the busy crowds of the larger tourist cities, while being less than ninety minutes journey from central Rome or either of Rome's two airports.
VIA VECCHIA REALTY
Via Vecchia Realty works with the best local licensed Italian agents to bring you the best properties our wonderful 'Ciociaria' has to offer. We are proud to offer a package of additional services to facilitate all aspects of the purchase and restoration of Italian property by overseas clients including:
* project management of restoration, redecoration and other building works
* provision of progress reports by email, telephone or Skype as to the status of building works, redecoration and restorations carried out by any builder or tradesman;
* housekeeping, property maintenance and cleaning services including stocking your home with your list of essential supplies prior to your arrival;
* regular inspection of unoccupied properties with written report
* the provision of certified translations of documents between English and Italian where required for legal purposes;
* introduction to a bi-lingual (English/Italian) Interpreter
* assistance in travel arrangements for property inspections including transfers from/to Rome and Naples airports, local hotel bookings, local car hire, restaurant recommendations and tours of points of interest in the area.
Fees for the above services are determined by our estimate of the work and time involved, following discussion with you as to your requirements. A written binding estimate will be provided for your formal approval in advance of commencement of the work.
- Ciampino (International), 52.9 miles
- Capodochino (International), 63.8 miles
- Leonardo da Vinci (International), 70.8 miles
*Distances are straight line measurements. This feature is currently in beta.