This magnificent roman palazzo has been renovated and restyled by the famous architect and sculptor Giacomo della Porta around the second half of the XVI century.The palazzo has an important history linked to some of the most prestigious roman families. Starting the last years of the XVI Century up to 1632, when Bartolomeo Ruspolidecided to buy it, the building has been the residence of various important prelates like Cardinals Borromeo, Sfondrati and Bernardino Spada.Bartolomeo Ruspoli bought this elegant palazzo from the Spada’s family mainly because it overlooks the famous Michelangelo stairway on the piazza dell’Aracoeli.It has been Francesco Ruspoli, heir of Bartholomew in 1681, that commissionedthe decorations that are still present in the piano nobile (noble floor) and on the ground floor. Thesewere done by the best roman art schools such as those of Luigi Garzi, Antonio Gherardi and Domenico Paradisi. It is in the beautiful halls of the noble floor that the Countess Pecci Blunt organized the famous Concerti di Primavera and the literary evenings, returning to do so even after the war with the small theater La Cometa.The entire noble floor (881 sq.mts/ ) consists of various large entertaining rooms with high and splendidly ornamented frescoed ceilings (height: 6,50 mts / 21 ft). The property features also a staff apartment on the first floor (58 sq.mt), staff and further service rooms on the third floor (74 sq.mt) and a terrace 42,8 sqm which features one of Rome’s highest altana /bower 29 sqm overlooking the roman roof tops, churches and hills.This is definitely one of Rome’s most elegant and historical important buildings.