Farm land for sale
South Africa - Western Cape, Cape Town, Cape Town
like this property?Call: 01425 462549
- 160 acres (64.7 hectares)
- One of Cape Town's largest farms
- 160 acres
- literally right next to one of South Africa's top 5 tourist destinations "Cape Point"
- comprising 4 houses, 3 cottages, 2 apartments, 1 restaurant, 1 shop, 1 Hatchery & outbuildings
- views of both of the "Two Oceans"
- Well suited for modifying into a dedicated Wine Farm, boutique accommodation business or golf course
- literally every tourist visitor to Cape Town will have either driven past it or visited it
- Only 45kms from Cape Town CBD
- 50 acres of rolling lawns
- 4000sqm of outbuildings suitable for stabling or residential conversion (STPP)
This is a once in a lifetime opportunity to buy one of Cape Town's largest farms for a prime sole residence; to takeover and expand the current business; create a country club or a stud farm; or create a golf course at the southernmost tip of Africa with the 50 acres of rolling lawn being well suited for conversion into golf greens and the Cape-Dutch Style Houses are perfect for a Day Spa, Club House and Restaurant.
The Cape Point Ostrich Farm comprises over 160 acres with its majestic mountain back drop, rolling ever green lawns and the Klaas Jaggers River running through it there are endless opportunities of creating your dream country life with sea views to boost.
This is a once in a lifetime opportunity to acquire this property set next to one of South Africa's Top 5 tourist destinations.
1. Cape-Dutch Main House; fully renovated with 3 bedrooms (main on suite), 2 bathrooms, sit-in kitchen, lounge with fire place, TV room, front porch, big terrace, private garden fully fenced
2. Cape-Dutch Cottage (office) comprising 2 bedrooms, 1 bathroom, big lounge with fire place, private garden, front porch
3. Cape-Dutch Restaurant: The oldest building at Cape Point dated 1848, fully renovated and comprising a fully renovated Cape Dutch house, 80 seater Restaurant with new kitchen and front terrace and pebbled side garden
4. House at the back of stables:
-Apartment 1 (2 bedroom, 1 bathroom, open plan kitchen and lounge, big porch, 1 store room)
- Apartment 2 (Front porch, 2 bedroom, 1 bathroom, 1 kitchen, 1 lounge)
5. Sheds comprising 4000 sqm undercover sheds with beautiful gardens in-between. Sheds used for vegetable and fruit gardens and housing the ostrich babies
6. Shop comprising a fully renovated 300 sqm shop with kitchen and outside pebbled courtyard, and small café to accommodate the guest to have tea and coffee
7. Hatchery comprising the breeding station (incubator room, cools room, setter, wash room, store room)
- Cottage 1 (2 bedroom, 1 bathroom, open plan kitchen and lounge with doors opening to front and back porch)
- Cottage 2, 3 & 4 (Bachelor cottages with kitchenette and bathroom, doors opening to front and back porch. Cottage no 4 has fireplace)
9. House with river frontage with 2 bedroom, 2 bathroom, big lounge with fireplace, kitchen, 2 big porches. Can be extended as has foundation in place
10. House overlooking paddocks with 2 bedroom, 1 bathroom, open plan kitchen, lounge and big back porch
11. Paddocks with 19 fenced paddocks, approximately 10 ha fully fenced running paddocks
In total over 160 acres right next to Cape Point which is one of the Top 5 Tourist destinations in South Africa.
This is a once in a lifetime opportunity.
More information from this agent
- Cape Town (International), 8 miles
*Distances are straight line measurements. This feature is currently in beta.