4 bedroom house for sale
France - Auvergne, Puy-de-Dôme, Rochefort-Montagne
like this property?Call: 01865 600018
The Property is situated in the quaint village of Rochefort-Montagne, a commune found in the Puy-de-Dôme department in central France. It has a population of 1000.
It stands in a beautiful rural area and is a haven for walkers and hikers. 21km from the Ski Resort of Le Mont Dore and 5km from lake Guery. It is an area that boasts numerous spa towns and offers centres for health treatment and wellbeing. The city of Clermont Ferrand and its international airport is only 35 Km away.
The property is close to town centre and is ideally placed for local amenities, shops and transport. It is also located close to the A75 North South Autoroute affording easy access to Ferry Ports and The Mediterranean coast..
Recommended Viewing to appreciate size and potential.
Ideal for Holidays or Letting
There is an enormous variety of things to do in Auvergne. It is a place for open-air sports enthusiasts (cycling, skiing, snowshoeing, horseback riding, paragliding, canoeing-kayaking, swimming, hot air balloon flights, etc.) and provides a holiday location for families at any time of year .
Situated in the volcanic Region in the centre of France, the Puy-de-Dôme is an easy-to-reach holiday destination, and is located close to the Main North ⁄South Autoroute.
The Auvergne is a national park of 80 craters and glacial lakes. It is beautiful in summer and the dramatic landscape is a gift to skiers when it is covered in snow.
Local Attractions include;
• LAKES - Lake Chambon, of volcanic origin, lies at an altitude of 877m. As the lake is very shallow, its water warms up quickly, It has two beaches laid out on the northern shore, play areas and water-based activities
• HEALTH AND WELLBEING - There are 10 Auvergne spa towns along the Massif Central Spa Trail. Each one offers wellbeing activities and health treatments as well as unique cultural heritage and entertainment.
• WALKING AND HIKING - The area is a haven for walking and hiking.
• SKIING - the Auvergne is one of France s secret winter holiday destinations, offering a variety of winter sports. It is also significantly Cheaper than the Alps. It is ideal for exploring on cross-country skis or snowshoes. It also offers kite skiing, or Nordic skijoring, (where a horse gallops through the snow with the skier clinging on to a harness behind). There are also more than enough slopes to keep downhill skiers happy. Two of the Auvergne s main resorts are on a railway line that links to Clermont-Ferrand for fast TGV connections to Paris, so the area is handy for travellers arriving by Eurostar.
• CITY SIGHTS - The house is only 35Km from the beautiful city of Clermont Ferrand which has its own international airport.
• It is worth exploring the Internet to see the multitude of good reviews and also to review the feedback on Trip advisor of Travellers who have already discovered the area.
- Aulnat (International), 18.3 miles
- Limoges (International), 79.1 miles
*Distances are straight line measurements. This feature is currently in beta.