5 bedroom villa for sale
Italy - Lazio, Frosinone, Arpino
like this property?Call: 03339 390607
- 1700's stone casale
- 5 double bedrooms
- Unique dual staircase constructed of stone
- Frescoes in some rooms
- Separate independent stone house to restore on the property
- Incredible views from both the homes and the farmland
- 3.5 hectares of prime olive groves
Built in the 1700's, Villa Verde is a large 5 bedroom stone house set on 3.5 hectares of stunning olive groves. While the house is in need of restoration it is in good structural repair. Just minutes by car from the historic town centre of Arpino, the house is located in the Vignepiane contrada or suburb, which is famous for its prime olive and grape farmland that looks back over the town of Arpino. There are incredible panoramic views from both the home and the farm land. An older 2 storey stone house or 'rudere' is set close to the main home and currently houses farm machinery and a tractor on the ground floor. When restored this building could provide charming independent guest accommodation.
The main home is constructed of stone, which at a later stage has been fully rendered over and painted to its present green colour. Removal of this rendered layer would expose the classic stone Italian farmhouse exterior. The home's original dual stone staircase curves around the main entrance to the ground level, then reaching up to the first floor. The 2 floors of accommodation have a similar interior layout, consisting of an entrance hall room, a large main central salon from which the other rooms extend. All rooms are generously proportioned, and are light filled with gorgeous views. Most rooms have evidence of ceiling or wall frescoes.
The basement or cantina level the home is accessed from the home's rear and provides an additional 3 rooms.
2 private driveways provide access to the property. The first driveway leads directly to the main home, while the second might be dedicated to the second dwelling. There are approximately 3.5 hectares of prime olive groves with some 800 plus olive trees that will provide you with all the premium extra virgin olive oil you could wish for - with much more to sell. A few minutes drive along the same road brings you to a wonderful olive mill, which uses the traditional cold stone press to extract the highest quality olive oil. If working an olive farm isn't on your agenda there are many local farmers who will be pleased to work the land for you, organising every aspect from pruning of the trees to the harvesting and the pressing of the olives. A popular arrangement is for the farm owner to share the produce with the caretaker on a 50/50 basis.
Energy classification: G
The Via Vecchia Realty team works in collaboration with the best local licensed Italian real estate agents to bring you a great selection of Italian homes. From grand historical palazzos, to charming stone country houses or a simple 'pied a terre' with stunning views, we can help you find your own dream home in Italy.
Via Vecchia Realty has a great relationship with a variety of reliable local builders, geometras and architects who can, at your request, provide obligation-free quotations for restoration and renovation work. We have a network of highly experienced craftsmen - builders, tilers, carpenters, electricians , plumbers and art restorers etc. Potential purchasers are welcome to view examples of stunning restorations and workmanship.
Via Vecchia Realty and affiliated companies are proud to offer a package of additional services to facilitate all aspects of the purchase and restoration of Italian property by overseas clients including:
* project management of restoration, redecoration and other building works
* provision of progress reports by email, telephone or Skype as to the status of building works, redecoration and restorations carried out by any builder or tradesman;
* housekeeping, property maintenance and cleaning services including stocking your home with your list of essential supplies prior to your arrival;
* regular inspection of unoccupied properties with written report (often required for insurance purposes);
* the provision of certified translations of documents between English and Italian where required for legal purposes
* assistance in travel arrangements for property inspections including transfers from/to Rome and Naples airports, local hotel bookings, local car hire, restaurant recommendations and tours of points of interest in the area.
Fees for the above services are determined by our estimate of the work and time involved, following discussion with you as to your requirements. A written binding estimate will be provided for your formal approval in advance of commencement of the work.
- Ciampino (INTERNATIONAL), 53.1 miles
- Capodochino (INTERNATIONAL), 63.8 miles
- Leonardo da Vinci (INTERNATIONAL), 71 miles
*Distances are straight line measurements. This feature is currently in beta.