Detached house for sale
Ireland - Sundays Well, Cork
like this property?Call: 03339 391371
- Beautiful Victorian period property overlooking Cork City
- Approx. 204 sq m/ 2,200 sq ft
- Approx. 0.07 ha / 0.19 acre
- Full planning permission for detached property T.P. 09/33802
- Original features remain intact
- South facing aspect
- Detached garage with electronic roller shutter door
- GFCH/Electric gates/Alarm/Mains Services
- Situated 5 minutes from the Cork city centre, UCC and CUH
Making your way through tall electronic wrought iron gates you are swept up a tarmacadam driveway to a large parking area, where you will find a superb detached garage with electronic roller shutter door. Making your way inside Ivy bank reveals a stunning hallway with original floor tiling, plasterwork and 9'10" ceiling height. Here you will find two reception rooms, one to the front with a solid fuel fireplace and one to the rear, an open plan kitchen / dining / living room which gets magnificent natural light, this room also benefits from an ornate solid fuel fireplace and double door access to the side and utility room with guest wc. Making your way up the gradual staircase you will find the main bathroom and walk in hot press on the return of the stairs, whilst the first floor offers four spacious well-proportioned double bedrooms, one of which is en suite.
Outside, you will find an ideal spot to sit & gaze out over the city on a south facing patio deck to the front of the property. To the rear and side you will find a level platform with retaining wall which is the site for the new build. The planning permission in place has been extended until March 2020 and offers a rare opportunity to construct a beautifully designed contemporary home in one of Cork City's most historic locations.
Ivy Bank Sundays Well Road is within strolling distance of UCC, CUH, Bons Secours Hospital, FitzGerald's Park and Cork City itself.
This homes poses as an excellent opportunity for city centre living with all the boxes ticked.
Mains services. Gas fired central heating.
From Cork City, make your way out North Mall onto Wises's Hill, continue up the hill onto Sundays Well road. Ivy Bank, 125 Sundays Well road is located directly across from St. Vincent's Church. See Sign.
More information from this agent
- Cork (International), 7.4 miles
- Kerry (International), 77.2 miles
- Shannon (International), 95.3 miles
- Waterford (International), 99.1 miles
*Distances are straight line measurements. This feature is currently in beta.