3 bedroom village house for sale
France - Aquitaine, Lot-et-Garonne, Poudenas
like this property?Call: 03339 395515
- Situated in a fortified hilltop village
- Perfect 'lock & leave' home
- 5 mins from local shops
- 4km from pretty market town
- Private garden & terrace
- Lovely views over the valley
- New roof and electrical system
The property is well equipped and has 130m² of habitable space. The kitchen and large living room have beautiful exposed stones and beams and both rooms have doors leading to the garden and terrace. Upstairs, there are 3 bedrooms, the bathroom and wooden floors throughout.
Poudenas is one of several small villages and market towns in this idyllic region of Gascony region that deserve to be explored - preferably at a slow pace, all the better to absorb the tranquil atmosphere that has been associated with Gascony for so many centuries!
The village of falls in two distinct parts: the upper village around the castle and the lower village that is the oldest part of Poudenas and originally developed as a post relay station. The upper part of the village is centred around the castle, with the main part of the village winding around the base of the chateau and looking out over the surrounding countryside. The chateau dates back to the 13th century. The village has several bars, cafes and restaurants as well as basic shops. The closest weekly market is 4km away in the town of Mezin.
To view other, similar properties visit the La Résidence website.
- Bergerac (International), 55.6 miles
- Pyrénées (International), 56.9 miles
- Lourdes (Tarbes) (International), 60.5 miles
- Toulouse (Blagnac) (International), 64.8 miles
- Bordeaux (Mérignac) (International), 71.3 miles
*Distances are straight line measurements. This feature is currently in beta.