6 bedroom semi-detached house for sale
Ireland - Violet Hill House, Herbert Road, Bray, Co. Wicklow
like this property?Call: 03339 397778
- Private setting on c. 3.3 acres just off the N11
- Wonderful light filled generously proportioned principal rooms.
- Five family bedrooms; three formal reception
- and grand hall
- Living room and kitchen with Aga
- Self-contained guest apartment
- Grounds zoned RE1 objective (primarily residential) on the Bray Town Council Development Plan 2011-2017
A sense of the rural infuses this marvelous family home, yet totally in touch with suburban amenity, (schools, leisure and retail), minutes from Avoca Handweavers at Glencormac, the picturesque village of Enniskerry, Powerscourt Demesne and gardens; so close to the "garden county's" best scenic amenities; and home for a period, while film-making at the nearby Ardmore Studios, to luminaries such as Sean Connery.
The light-filled rooms of this protected structure are generously proportioned with decorative plasterwork and high ceilings, many period features preserved. From the impressive grand reception hall to the intercommunicating formal reception rooms, dining room, kitchen wing, and family bedrooms; to the almost self-contained apartment ideal for live-in staff or extended family; to the totally charming grounds laid out in formal lawn and lush woodland, this is a captivating property well worthy of consideration by any discerning purchaser.
The grounds comprise almost 3.3 acres made up of formal lawns with gravel pathways, a good stand of mature shelter trees, and less formal ground cover, flowering shrubs and bushes especially around the southern perimeter where the boundary is towards the bottom of a sloping bank thus affording immense privacy.
We confidently recommend inspection.
- Dublin (International), 18.8 miles
- Waterford (International), 79.3 miles
*Distances are straight line measurements. This feature is currently in beta.