7 bedroom gite for sale
sauternes, Gironde, France
like this property?Call: 03339 395808
Overview of Sauternes : Sauternes covers a large area. Sauternes is located about 25 miles south east from the city center of Bordeaux, at the Southern end of Graves. The entire Sauternes appellation has 2 002 hectares under vine. This can be divided into 5 separate communes, each with their own unique terroir. Sauternes covers 1 599 hectares. Barsac is 403 hectares, Bommes has 380 hectares planted. Preignac has 565 hectares and the smallest commune in Sauternes is Fargues, with 190 hectares. Most chateaux in Sauternes are small, especially when compared to the Medoc. Less than 20 chateaux are more than 20 hectares. Close to 160 producers having less than 5 hectares under vine. Sauternes produces more than 480 000 cases of wine each year. This is divided between Barsac, which produces about 130 000 cases of wine and Sauternes, which produces 350 000 cases of wine each vintage.
- Leggett has 15000 more properties on its website with full virtual tours for viewing - our HO team speaks English and eight other languages - Leggett ref: 57356XRO33
- Bordeaux (Mérignac) (International), 27.6 miles
- Bergerac (International), 47.6 miles
- Pyrénées (International), 80.8 miles
- Parme (International), 94 miles
- Lourdes (Tarbes) (International), 94.5 miles
*Distances are straight line measurements. This feature is currently in beta.