1 bedroom village house for sale
France - Badefols-sur-Dordogne, Dordogne, Aquitaine
like this property?Call: 03339 396139
- Close to bastide town
- Close to the River Dordogne
- Newly renovated
- Double glazing
- New roof
- Cute pied à terre
- Mains drainage
- Successful rental history
The property has been thoughtfully restored from top to bottom by the current owners, including new roof, solid Finnish artic pine front door, double glazing and Italian floor tiling in the kitchen.
On entering via the front door the good sized kitchen/dining room is accessed. This room has a large double glazed window to the front, beautifully tiled original Italian design floor, limed beams, a good range of cream wall and base units with extractor fan for the cooker/built-in oven & hob and ample wooden work surface space. There is also plenty of room for a large dining table and chairs. Plumbing for washing machine and an under stairs storage area also provides further space.
From the kitchen pine stairs lead up to the delightfully light sitting room with two stone surround double glazed windows to the front and double glazed double doors to the rear which lead out to a dining terrace with steps up to a small garden with fruit trees. The sitting room has exposed beams, chestnut flooring and a built-in oak bookcase.
Unique "paddle stairs" lead up to the top floor where the original beams have been limed to create a characterful bedroom with compact yet fully equipped shower room. There is a built-in louvre dressing wardrobe, pine wood floor and velux windows give good light into the bedroom. The en-suite shower room has Italian tiles, basin, WC and corner shower.
All in all a very well thought out renovation offering a great pied à terre in a pretty riverside Dordogne village.
Ample parking is offered opposite the property.
This property is based in the Dordogne (often referred to by its ancient name "The Périgord"). Although times may have changed over the years the beautiful Dordogne landscape, in one of the most beautiful areas of France, continues to offer something to amaze and delight everyone. This ancient land, deep in the heart of sunny south-west France, is perfect holiday country; a magical place that will reward all those who choose to explore it.
The Périgord Noir, where the vast majority of our properties are located, is the 'Jewel in the Crown' of the Dordogne for here, in the triangle formed between the rivers Vézère and Dordogne, you will find the greatest concentration of natural wonders and historic sites, and the loveliest stretches of both rivers. The area is bounded by four famous towns and this property is well situated within this boundary - Sarlat, a medieval treasure house; Périgueux, a thriving and sophisticated small city; Bergerac, shippers of wine since the Middle ages and Monpazier, an extraordinarily well preserved bastide built by King Edward I in 1285.
- Less then 1 hour from Bergerac airport, 1.5 hours from Brive airport, 2.5 hours from Bordeaux airport/TGV station and 2.5 hours from Toulouse airport.
- In the village of Badfols which has a bakery and restaurant. Marché Nocturne (night market) in July & August
- 4.5km from Lalinde (market town with supermarkets, banks & restaurants and railway station); 7kms from Tremolat (small shops & restaurants including Michelin Star restaurant);
- DPE - to follow
- Size of property: 84m2
- Size of courtyard garden: 123m2
- Mains water/drainage
- Taxe d'Habitation: €420
- Taxes Foncières: €420
- Double glazing throughout
- Electric heating and water heater
- Roof recently replaced with 20cm insulation
- Internet connection
- The property has a successful rental history in summer
- Bergerac (International), 13.8 miles
- Limoges (International), 72.2 miles
- Bordeaux (Mérignac) (International), 74 miles
- Toulouse (Blagnac) (International), 89.3 miles
*Distances are straight line measurements. This feature is currently in beta.