3 bedroom detached house for sale
Bulgaria - Govedartsi, Sofiya
like this property?Call: 03339 871943
- Beautiful village location, but only a few kms to Borovets for skiing!
- Stunning, idyllic village location with own hotels, resaurants & shops.
- Village has it's own ski run 1600m long.
- Spectacular 360* views of the mountains, the village and fields of wild horses.
- Only 49 miles from Sofia, low cost flights fly regularly all year round.
- Hourly bus service from Sofia to Samokov........
- Great central location for the National Park. (7 Lakes & Rila Monastery)
- Will make lovely comfortable property that could be used all year round.
- Summer- watersports, cycling, walking & rock climbing. Winter- ski/snowboarding.
- Popular with politicians and wealthy people from Sofia for holidaying.
The village of Govedartsi is situated just over 49 miles, (80 kilometres from Sofia- The Bulgarian Capital), at the foot of the Rila Mountain, near the Cherni Iskar River.
Govedartsi is a National Mountain Resort and a gateway to The National Park.
Visitors can walk in the Malyovitsa Valley, climb the Malyovitsa Peak and enjoy the beautiful, breathtaking vistas.
Govedartsi is a starting point for trekking routes to the magnificent Rila Monastery and the 7 Rila lakes. The Lakes offer a wide variety of watersports, a rock climbing centre, cycling routes, walking trails and picnic spots. Great summer activities and super snowboarding/skiing in winter.
There are regular bus lines to the town of Samokov, where you can visit the town's museums.
Govedartsi is a preferable place during the winter season because of the proximity to Bulgaria's oldest and biggest winter resort, Borovets, just over 16 miles, (26 kilometres). As a result, you could ski the big and settled racing tracks of Borovets and then, after the active sport activity, enjoy the complete calmness of the village.
Yonchevo lake is situated in close proximity to the village. A great picnic spot, enhanced by lovely walks through the beautiful pinewoods in search for wild fruits, herbs or mushrooms.
How to reach Govedartsi
Tourists travelling from Sofia can take a bus to Samokov, as there is a regular, hourly bus transport service to Govedartsi. Low cost airlines travel frequently from the UK to Sofia all year round.
The distance from Sofia to Govedartsi is less than 80 km. If you travel by car you could use the road through Pamcharevo, passing by the Iskad dam. Another option is the road through Bistritsa and Kovatchevtsi and Popovyane villages.
During the winter, the valley of the Lakatitsa River turns into a natural racing track for ski cross country, and the ski tracks within the region provide access for both beginners and advanced Alpine skiers alike, so that all can enjoy the countryside at short range even in wintertime.
The village of Govedartsi has it's own ski run and is located at a distance of 1.5 kilometres from the foot of the Mechit Chalet and is 1600 metres long.
Skiing is available in the nearby resorts - Malyovitsa and Borovets.
Malyovitsa Complex is situated at 15 kilometres from Govedartsi, offering its winter facilities to tourists.
Traditional restaurants and taverns serving delicious local and international specialties will pamper you in Govedartsi.
Most of the taverns and restaurants in the village of Govedartsi are within the guest houses and family hotels.
- Dzambaska mehana - is a local tavern in Bulgarian national style with Bulgarian cuisine and local specialties. The tavern offers 50 seats indoor and 40 seats outdoor in a garden.
- Peichevi mehana - this tavern offers 30 seats, local heating, nice atmosphere, dishes from the Bulgarian cuisine.
- St. George hotel offers a great restaurant and a tavern also in a traditional Bulgarian style.
Places to go
The virgin Rila mountain is reflected in the numerous lakes and shelters various plants and animals, some of which are endemics. Huddled up in the bosom of Maliovishka Rila, Govedartsi is a natural exit point for some of the most beautiful mountain peaks & lakes - such as the mountain peak of Malyovitsa, the Seven Rila Lakes, Urdinite Lakes plus many others.
- Malyovitsa peak is 2729 m high. It is one of the most popular and beautiful tourist sites in the Rila Mountains.
The Rila Monastery is situated at the southern foot of Malyovitsa peak.
- Malyovitsa Ski Centre - with 2 downhill tracks and 2 ski drags - is located to the north.
- Malyovitsa Hut is the main starting point for hiking tours in the region.
- The Seven Rila Lakes are a group of glacial lakes, situated in the northwest Rila Mountains. Govedartsi is one of the starting points for walking tours to this place. The lakes are well-known for their beauty not only in Bulgaria but also in Europe. The lakes are situated between 2100 and 2500 metres above sea level.
- Strashnoto ezero (the Scary lake) is located at 2465 m above sea level and at 4 hours walking distance from the Malyovitsa Hut.
- Urdini lakes are a group of 6 cirque lakes, located in Urdiniya cirque, situated in North-West Rila, north of Damga peak. The highest lake is at 2375 m altitude.
- Sofiya (International), 30.1 miles
- Plovdiv (International), 71.3 miles
*Distances are straight line measurements. This feature is currently in beta.