5 bedroom detached bungalow for sale
Ireland - Glenalla, Bahana, Enniskerry, Co. Wicklow, A98 HD58
like this property?Call: 03339 397778
- Five bedroom bungalow
- Set on 2 acres (approx.)
- Flooded with natural light
- Rational windows throughout
- Newcastle Design fitted kitchen
- Partly floored attic
- Own well
- Garden chalet
- Beautiful south facing rear garden
The property itself was built new in 1997 by the current owners and incorporates aspects of an original cottage, for example the original slate flooring, giving a great sense of character and charm to the residence. The living accommodation comprises; bi-level entrance hall with a window looking onto the garden, spacious kitchen/breakfast room with Newcastle Design fitted kitchen and wood burning stove, laundry room, boot room with views to the Sugarloaf, living room overlooking the garden, guest w.c. and an upstairs office. The sleeping accommodation benefits from a first floor master suite with walk-in wardrobe and en-suite shower room, as well as four ground floor double bedrooms, one which is currently used as a den or family room, and a family bathroom.
The rear garden is a key feature of this property, it has a wonderful southerly orientation and is protected from the northeast wind making it a fantastic sun trap. The rear deck and patio are bordered by colourful flowerbeds and lovely trees, such as magnolia, with a water feature adding to the tranquility of the space. Exploring farther back we find a grove of silver birches with a private well and a secret pathway leading across the front of the paddock to a side garden which is laid in lawn with a chalet and looks down into the Glencree Valley. To the front there is ample off street parking on the driveway and under the car port.
The Enniskerry/Glencree area is one of Wicklow's jewels, packed with scenic treasures - Powerscourt Waterfall, the highest in these islands is complemented by the estate's Italianate gardens, and retail therapy both in its pavilion and just down the road at Avoca Handweavers. A wonderful location in which to live and rear a family, only a short distance from Enniskerry Village, with its three local primary schools and plentiful cafes and craft shops, yet a mecca for nature lovers who will get to know the country lanes and forestry walks. Bray DART and the N11/M11/M50 corridor are within a few minutes' drive.
All in all this is a spacious yet cosy family home in a picture perfect location, it is an opportunity not to be missed!
Glenalla is 1 km past Powerscourt Waterfall and 1 km before Crone forest carpark. Please note that Powerscourt Waterfall is *not* located at Powerscourt House and Gardens in Enniskerry village.
Enter A98 HD58 into the Google maps app on your smart phone for step-by-step directions or follow those below.
NOTE: Glenalla is 6 km outside Enniskerry village in the Glencree valley
1. Follow signs to Powerscourt.
2. Continue on road past entrance to Powerscourt House & Gardens on your right.
3. Follow signs for Powerscourt Waterfall.
4. After passing the Waterfall entrance on your left continue for 1 km on the main road.
5. Glenalla (name on wall on right of gate) is on the left hand side and has wooden gates, a car port, wooden fence and Sherry FitzGerald 'For Sale' sign.
1. Take N11 South.
2. At Kilmacanogue take the left turn onto the R755 just after the Topaz garage sign-posted for Roundwood and Glendalough.
3. Take the fourth exit from the roundabout at the top of the slip road.
4. Take the first exit at the next roundabout.
5. Drive for 1.6 km and take the right turn onto the R760 for Enniskerry.
6. Take the 3rd left turn (after about 1.5 km), to Powerscourt Waterfall. (Do not stay on the Enniskerry village road).
7. Go straight through the crossroads at Ballinagee Farm, and drive down the hill towards the Waterfall.
8. After passing the Waterfall entrance on your left continue for 1 km on the main road.
9. Glenalla (name on wall on right of gate) is on the left hand side and has wooden gates, a car port, wooden fence and Sherry FitzGerald 'For Sale' sign.
Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) graphs
- Dublin (International), 18.6 miles
- Waterford (International), 78.2 miles
*Distances are straight line measurements. This feature is currently in beta.