3 bedroom house for sale
Portugal - Funchal, Madeira
like this property?Call: 03339 396426
- Established & private residential area, close to Palheiro Estate
- Landscaped garden with jacuzzi and decking
- Stunning views over ocean and to Funchal Bay
- Extremely well maintained property
- Stunning spacious master suite on upper floor
- Well-appointed family kitchen
- Large multipurpose garage/storage room/games room.
- Attractive architecture, generous use of traditional stone in exteriors
The long stoneflagged driveway flanked by mature palm trees gives the house extreme privacy, being well set back from the road. The lower floor houses the large multipurpose garage/storage room/games room.
The ground floor opens with an elegant hallway to the living quarters to the east and one bedroom suite to the west. The formal living/dining room is ample and stylishly decorated, and leads out onto the covered porch with decking where the sofas invite you to recline and enjoy the stunning views as you relax with a drink. The jacuzzi in the front lawn is prepared for the installation of heating, if this should be necessary.
The well-appointed family kitchen and a separate laundry are to the north of the house, whilst to the south is a cosy TV room/study/third bedroom.
The top floor houses one ample master suite, with separate dressing room, well-appointed bathroom and of course, a generously sized master bedroom offering stunning views to the ocean.
The property is situated 5 minutes from the Golf course at Palheiro, 5 minutes to Funchal and only 20 minutes from the airport.
This is a perfect retirement property for a couple with frequent guests!
Plot area: 680 sq. m.
Gross construction area (approx.): 280 sq. m.
For those considering an investment in a luxury residence as a second (holiday) home or as a retirement destination, consider the advantages of Madeira Island :
• Sub-tropical climate - warm & pleasant year round
• Natural beauty - dramatic scenery, lush & colourful, known as the "Garden of the Atlantic"
• Ease of access - within 3 hours flight time from most European cities, direct flights from over 40 destinations in Europe, daily flights to London and Lisbon
• Protected environment - 70% of the island is protected parkland & forest
• Activities/Amenities - wide range of sports & leisure activities; two Golf courses near to Funchal
• Tourist infrastructure - long known as a quality tourist destination, with lots to see & do• Quality of life - a friendly, safe & clean place to visit and to live in (Note: one of the lowest incidences of crime in Europe)
Legal and fiscal situation
• Property transfer taxes - IMT tax, Stamp duty, reigistration and notary fees - max. 7%
• Inheritance tax - Effective 1st January 2004, inheritance tax abolished in Portugal. There is still a 10% stamp duty charge though on transfer of assets. Gifts/donations to a spouse (husband or wife), children, parents or grandparents are exempt.
• Capital gains tax - Flat 25% tax levy on all capital gains effected by non-residents.
• Portuguese (EU) Residence Permit - Since July 2012, the NON-EU PURCHASER has a right to apply for a Portuguese residence permit (with subsequent freedom of movement in Schengen countries) following purchase of real estate in Portugal with A MINIMUM INVESTMENT OF €500.000
• Non-Habitual Resident's Regime - offering fiscal advantages particularly to non-Portuguese retirees taking up residence in Portugal
- Funchal (International), 13.7 miles
*Distances are straight line measurements. This feature is currently in beta.