4 bedroom house for sale
Italy - Atina, Frosinone, Lazio
like this property?Call: 03339 390607
- Stunning Villa - built in early 1900's - in good condition but needing rejuvenation
- 4 large double bedrooms, each featuring its own balcony or terrace & the possibility to create more bedrooms if needed
- Bright & spacious, with wonderful rural views extending to the mountains
- 3 bathrooms - one on each level of the home
- Large living rooms & eat-in kitchen with adjoining sunroom
- Wide entrance hall and Carrera marble staircase
- Original fireplaces in many rooms, and central radiator heating
- Large, bright cellar level with internal lock-up garage
- Separate independent lock-up garage
- Large paved courtyard - perfect for entertaining, a working well & plant covered arbor. An extra 3000 mtrs of adjoining farmland is available.
A short 15-minute drive from the bustling town of Cassino, in the tranquil, green valley - the 'Valle di Comino' - lies the charming ancient hamlet of San Nazario, part of the town of Casalattico, which borders Atina. Villa Clementina was built for a wealthy family in the early 1900's, by a renowned architect of the day. Miraculously, the home survived the 2nd world war unscathed, and today stands as a beautiful example of the early Italian Liberty period architecture.
Villa Clementina is in good structural repair, but will definitely benefit from some minor refreshment. The home has an overwhelming elegant and peaceful ambiance. The villa is set over 3 floors, with the spacious cellar level on the lower ground floor, the living areas on the ground floor, and the bedrooms on the first floor.
The original carved wooden doors lead into a grand entrance hallway, from where each of the home's various rooms and levels is accessed.
The ground floor features a large formal dining room, with french doors that open up directly onto the front covered verandah. The adjoining kitchen has ample space for informal dining and has an adjoining bright sunroom, which has its own independent staircase directly into the back garden.
To the right of the main entrance hall are the elegant sitting room, the office/study, and an adjoining small kitchenette.
The grand marble staircase, located to the rear of the entrance hall, rises to the bedroom floor above or descends to the cellar level below.
Upstairs, there is another beautiful central hallway, from which 4 very large double bedrooms are accessed. All bedrooms are bright and airy, having large windows and balconies. The master bedroom opens up onto a romantic terrace.
While there are bathrooms on each floor, all bedrooms are plumbed for sinks, so the possibility exists for you add ensuite shower facilities to the bedrooms, should you desire.
Downstairs, the cellar level follows the exact layout of the upper floors, each room having large windows and french doors to access the outside. This level originally housed the kitchens for the home, and there is the possibility to return the cellar levels to extra living space should you need it. The cellars have a roll-up garage door fitted to the rear, to enable handy car parking, and there is another, independent lock-up garage on site. The home is fully fenced and gated. The gardens are low maintenance, and there is a very large paved courtyard to the left of the home, perfect for entertaining and an adjoining vine covered arbor to sit and enjoy lazy summer days.
On the ground floor, underneath the sun room -to the rear of the garden, is an amenities room, which also has the original wood fired bread oven intact, and very conveniently, a small adjoining bathroom.
A large covered wood shed provides protection for lots of firewood, as well as any gardening tools and machinery, and there is the possibility of purchasing an additional 3000 square meters of adjoining farmland.
Energy classification: G
SAN NAZARIO & CASALATTICO
Located in the beautiful 'Valle di Comino' (The Comino Valley), adjacent to the majestic Abruzzo mountain ranges, with the clear fresh waters of the Melfa river running through. The hamlet of San Nazario and the town of Casalattico offer tranquil, peaceful living, with wonderful access to larger cities and airports.
Great access to the Rome/Naples autostrada - only 1.5 hours drive to Rome Fiumicino airport, 45 minutes to Naples international airport, an hour to Ciampino Airport. *All times are approximate.
Approximately 15 mins to the town of Cassino, where fast, direct trains regularly leave to Rome and Naples. Cassino is a major town centre, offering a wide variety of shops, and there is an extensive market every Saturday morning, offering a variety of goods, but famous for its fresh produce and seafood. On the 3rd Sunday of each month, Cassino hosts an interesting antique market.
Approx. 45 km to good ski fields
Approx. 45 km to the Abruzzo National park - and a wide variety of activities including, hiking, lake swimming, etc
Approx. 45 minutes to beaches
VIA VECCHIA REALTY LTD
Via Vecchia Realty works closely with the foremost licensed local Italian agents to bring you the best properties our wonderful 'Ciociaria' has to offer. We are proud to offer a package of additional services to facilitate all aspects of the purchase and restoration of Italian property by overseas clients including:
* project management of restoration, redecoration and other building works
* provision of progress reports by email, telephone or Skype as to the status of building works,
redecoration, and restorations carried out by any builder or tradesman;
* housekeeping, property maintenance and cleaning services including stocking your home
with your list of essential supplies prior to your arrival;
* regular inspection of unoccupied properties with written report
* the provision of certified translations of documents between English and Italian where
required for legal purposes;
* introduction to a bi-lingual (English/Italian) Interpreter
* assistance in travel arrangements for property inspections including transfers from/to Rome
and Naples airports, local hotel bookings, local car hire, restaurant recommendations & tours
of points of interest in the area.
Fees for the above services are determined by our estimate of the work and time involved, following discussion with you as to your requirements. A written binding estimate will be provided for your formal approval in advance of the commencement of the work.
- Capodochino (International), 92.1 miles
*Distances are straight line measurements. This feature is currently in beta.