6 bedroom manor house for sale
Portugal - Funchal, Madeira
like this property?Call: 03339 396426
- Classy residential area of Funchal, near old town
- One of the finest classical town houses in the city
- Imposing tower provides 360 degree views
- Extremely well maintained property
- Suitable as a large family residence or could be converted into a small hotel
Situated in a very popular high class residential area of Funchal within walking distance of the old town and 5 minutes drive of Palheiro Golf, the Villa contains some of the finest architectural and landscaping features found on any property on the Madeiran Archipelago. The area has just benefited from the installation of a new 'state of the art' water supply and drainage system together with new road surfaces.
As one of the finest classical town houses of Funchal it would make a perfect family home or it would also suit for combined residential / office use.
One of the main features is the imposing tower accessed from the 2nd floor providing a full 360 degree view of Funchal and an unequalled vantage point for viewing the New Year Firework Celebrations.
The house is thought to have been originally built about 1925 and has been maintained to very high standard by its previous and current owners who have owned it for 12 years.
The spacious entrance hall with art nouveau glazed hardwood doors leads into a large lounge with attached winter garden, dining room, and main hallway with staircase. All rooms of the house have classic high ceilings and are very spacious.
The Winter Garden is accessed from the living room through arches. The stylish floors throughout the ground floor are stone tiles surrounded by hardwood maple borders.
The main hall has a wide mahogany sweeping staircase to a beautiful landing with floors of pitch pine leading to the master suite, three other bedrooms and two bathrooms. There is also an oak/pitch pine rear staircase from the ground floor which also gives access to the second floor. The master suite has a balcony which overlooks the bay of Funchal.
The second floor comprises a main room of substantial size with recessed lighting and Velux roof-windows. There is also a reception room and a bedroom together with a small Shower room with hand basin and WC.
The Property Comprises:
3 reception Rooms.
6 bedrooms including a master suite with en-suite bath/shower room with bidet and WC.
Large home office or games room/gym.
Laundry block with separate WC.
Covered Terrace with WC.
Top tiled open terrace with storage building.
Barbecue alfresco Kitchen.
Well maintained garden including terraces of approx 1250 m2 with Exotic Plants, orchids and mature architectural trees and palms, and a variety of fruit trees including mango, advocados, bananas, pitanga
Garaging/Car space for up to 5 cars with space for more if needed with electric entrance doors and gates.
Can be sold fully furnished if required
Special Features :
The entire perimeter of the property is walled with substantial quinta-style concrete walls topped with bougainvillea, pyrostegia (flame vine) and other hedging.
The pavements and pathways are of small traditional Madeiran cobbles with beautiful ornate wrought iron fences
The property benefits from water from the levadas and has a water storage tank with new pump for approx thirty cubic metres of water at a cost of approx ¿uro 8 per annum !
In 2012 the roads immediately around the property have had a new 'State-of-the-Art' water supply and drainage system installed with new road surfaces following the construction work.
Three-phase electricity is installed.
There are four entrances to the property with intercom to the main gate.
The property benefits from well designed external traditional lighting and electricity supply.
There are three tiled terraces covered with traditional Madeiran pergolas of mature bougainvillea.
Full Internet Access with Leased Line and IP address.
There is a garage with electric door which can fit two small cars as well as secure car parking for up to three cars on an upper terrace accessed by an electric sliding steel gate.
Within the garden there is an ornate Cave/Grotto with exposed rock face and shallow pond.
A wireless burglar alarm system and external security lights and cameras (accessible remotely) are installed to give you peace of mind when you are away.
The floor areas of the villa are as follows :
Ground floor 229.68 m2
First floor 181.87 m2
Second floor 176.61 m2
Tower 20.23 m2
Total villa floor area 643.39 m2
For those considering an investment in a luxury residence as a second (holiday) home or as a retirement destination, consider the advantages of Madeira Island :
* Sub-tropical climate - warm & pleasant year round
* Natural beauty - dramatic scenery, lush & colourful, known as the "Garden of the Atlantic"
* Ease of access - within 3 hours flight time from most European cities, direct flights from over 40 destinations in Europe, daily flights to London and Lisbon
* Protected environment - 70% of the island is protected parkland & forest
* Activities/Amenities - wide range of sports & leisure activities; two Golf courses near to Funchal
* Tourist infrastructure - long known as a quality tourist destination, with lots to see & do* Quality of life - a friendly, safe & clean place to visit and to live in (Note: one of the lowest incidences of crime in Europe)
Legal and fiscal situation
* Property transfer taxes - IMT tax, Stamp duty, reigistration and notary fees - max. 7%
* Inheritance tax - Effective 1st January 2004, inheritance tax abolished in Portugal. There is still a 10% stamp duty charge though on transfer of assets. Gifts/donations to a spouse (husband or wife), children, parents or grandparents are exempt.
* Capital gains tax - Flat 25% tax levy on all capital gains effected by non-residents.
* Portuguese (EU) Residence Permit - Since July 2012, the NON-EU PURCHASER has a right to apply for a Portuguese residence permit (with subsequent freedom of movement in Schengen countries) following purchase of real estate in Portugal with A MINIMUM INVESTMENT OF ¿500.000
* Non-Habitual Resident's Regime - offering fiscal advantages particularly to non-Portuguese retirees taking up residence in Portugal
- Funchal (International), 8.5 miles
*Distances are straight line measurements. This feature is currently in beta.