4 bedroom villa for sale
Portugal - Funchal, Madeira
like this property?Call: 03339 396426
- Resort property - private condominium with security
- On-site property management and rental service
- High-quality construction to northern European standards
- Wonderful views over Funchal Bay and ocean
- Spacious external terraces make most of wonderful climate
- Generous open-plan living /dining with coved uplighting
- Woodburning stove and full A/C, underfloor heating to bathrooms
- Gymnasium, sauna, and bar area to lower terrace
- Privileged access to facilities of Palheiro Estate
- Contemporary finishes and style
The Interior has been designed by architects in a thoroughly contemporary style, with Italian ceramic floor tiles, designer sanitary ware and lighting and complemented by modern furniture from leading European brands.
The light and spacious modern interior blends perfectly with the more classical exterior architecture characteristic of Palheiro Village.
This luxury villa spans 490 sq.m. and is just a stone's throw from the Palheiro Golf Clubhouse.
•Easy access to Funchal & airport
•Formal living area with solid stone open fireplace
•Generous room sizes with modern furniture
•4 large bedrooms all with en-suite bathrooms and dressing areas
•Wide use of natural stone
•Under-floor heating throughout
•All living areas and bedrooms share large terraces with south views over Funchal Bay
•Heated infinity pool with electric cover, pool terraces with views to Funchal
•Steam bath in pool area
•Additional storage rooms
•Colourful landscaped garden
For those considering an investment in a luxury residence as a second (holiday) home or as a retirement destination, consider the advantages of Madeira Island :
• Sub-tropical climate - warm & pleasant year round
• Natural beauty - dramatic scenery, lush & colourful, known as the "Garden of the Atlantic"
• Ease of access - within 3 hours flight time from most European cities, direct flights from over 40 destinations in Europe, daily flights to London and Lisbon
• Protected environment - 70% of the island is protected parkland & forest
• Activities/Amenities - wide range of sports & leisure activities; two Golf courses near to Funchal
• Tourist infrastructure - long known as a quality tourist destination, with lots to see & do• Quality of life - a friendly, safe & clean place to visit and to live in (Note: one of the lowest incidences of crime in Europe)
Legal and fiscal situation
• Property transfer taxes - IMT tax, Stamp duty, reigistration and notary fees - max. 7%
• Inheritance tax - Effective 1st January 2004, inheritance tax abolished in Portugal. There is still a 10% stamp duty charge though on transfer of assets. Gifts/donations to a spouse (husband or wife), children, parents or grandparents are exempt.
• Capital gains tax - Flat 25% tax levy on all capital gains effected by non-residents.
• Portuguese (EU) Residence Permit - Since July 2012, the NON-EU PURCHASER has a right to apply for a Portuguese residence permit (with subsequent freedom of movement in Schengen countries) following purchase of real estate in Portugal with A MINIMUM INVESTMENT OF €500.000
• Non-Habitual Resident's Regime - offering fiscal advantages particularly to non-Portuguese retirees taking up residence in Portugal
- Funchal (INTERNATIONAL), 8.5 miles
*Distances are straight line measurements. This feature is currently in beta.