5 bedroom house for sale
Portugal - Funchal, Madeira
like this property?Call: 03339 396426
- Exceptional contemporary interior design and finishes
- Excellent construction quality
- Air-conditioning and under floor heating
- Generous games room/gymnasium in basement
- Landscaped garden with automatic irrigation
- Solar panels for swimming pool heating and domestic hot water
- Fully fitted kitchen - Bosch appliances and Corian worktops
- Best Energy rating
- Meticulously maintained
- Superb family home
Exceptionally well constructed with every attention to detail and finished to a superior standard, the property enjoys every modern comfort and also qualifies for the best energy rating, despite its 9 years of age!
This is a must-see property for full-time living, retirement or for a large family.
It lies close to shops, restaurants and hospital, and with easy access to the motorway making the journey to the airport, into town or out into the country a short one.
The house is perfectly incoprporated in the unusal shaped plot, giving it every privacy and creating distinct exterior areas for relaxation and play.
Please enquire for full details.
For those considering an investment in a luxury residence as a second (holiday) home or as a retirement destination, consider the advantages of Madeira Island :
• Sub-tropical climate - warm & pleasant year round
• Natural beauty - dramatic scenery, lush & colourful, known as the "Garden of the Atlantic"
• Ease of access - within 3 hours flight time from most European cities, direct flights from over 40 destinations in Europe, daily flights to London and Lisbon
• Protected environment - 70% of the island is protected parkland & forest
• Activities/Amenities - wide range of sports & leisure activities; two Golf courses near to Funchal
• Tourist infrastructure - long known as a quality tourist destination, with lots to see & do• Quality of life - a friendly, safe & clean place to visit and to live in (Note: one of the lowest incidences of crime in Europe)
Legal and fiscal situation
• Property transfer taxes - IMT tax, Stamp duty, reigistration and notary fees - max. 7%
• Inheritance tax - Effective 1st January 2004, inheritance tax abolished in Portugal. There is still a 10% stamp duty charge though on transfer of assets. Gifts/donations to a spouse (husband or wife), children, parents or grandparents are exempt.
• Capital gains tax - Flat 25% tax levy on all capital gains effected by non-residents.
• Portuguese (EU) Residence Permit - Since July 2012, the NON-EU PURCHASER has a right to apply for a Portuguese residence permit (with subsequent freedom of movement in Schengen countries) following purchase of real estate in Portugal with A MINIMUM INVESTMENT OF €500.000
• Non-Habitual Resident's Regime - offering fiscal advantages particularly to non-Portuguese retirees taking up residence in Portugal
- Funchal (International), 8.5 miles
*Distances are straight line measurements. This feature is currently in beta.