4 bedroom villa for sale
Greece - Apokoronas, Chania, Crete
like this property?Call: 03339 396666
- Spacious three bedroom village home
- Lower-level man-cave or fourth bedroom
- Separate self-contained guest apartment
- Lots of covered veranda space offering excellent sea and mountain views
- Close to the lovely villages of Vamos and Kefalas
Completed in 2012, the home has a truly unique and unusual interior design and is most certainly not the boxy style so often associated with homes here in Crete. Serious consideration was given to internal as well as external privacy and effective utilisation of space. And the home has been completed with many traditional features including wood-beam ceilings, stone arches, traditional fireplace, a very useful loft space, and a long entry trellis of white grapes that the owner harvests and produces his own excellent sultanas!
[At the outset, we must note that many of the photos show some plastic netting. The owner is separated from his wife and small child. The child occasionally stays with the owner and hence the temporary netting is for child safety. You may also note that the owner is a bit of a collector!]
The main level comprises a large sitting room with double-height wooden ceiling, a loft area currently used as a study, a spacious and fully-equipped kitchen and a lovely dining area with sliding glass doors leading to the broad covered side veranda offering excellent sea and mountain views. The veranda includes a large barbecue and outdoor kitchen and has been pre-wired for sound. The perfect place to enjoy the views!
The home is a split level design and the bedroom wing is located up a small flight of stairs. There are three large bedrooms on this level, one of which is ensuite. Each bedroom has plenty of built-in wardrobe space as well as direct access to the vast upper terrace with absolutely beautiful views. A fourth bedroom, or man-cave, is located down a small staircase off from the sitting room.
A separate out-building houses a large studio apartment, perfectly suited for extended family or as a good rental income prospect.
The plot where the home has been built is 1,000 sqm and the adjacent plot of about 1,100 sqm is also available separately. The plot has been partially landscaped with flowering bushes and trees and includes, in addition to the seedless white grapes mentioned above, a variety of fruit trees and olive trees. There is also a fish-pond or plunge-pool that has been piped for rainwater collection. There is plenty of space for a proper pool or spa should the new owner desire.
Additional features of this fine home include:
• Underfloor electric central heating and cooling
• Individual room thermostats
• Land-line telephone and internet connected
• Fully fitted kitchen with all modern appliances
• Very high quality aluminium doors and windows with fly screens
• Fully fitted wardrobes in all bedrooms
• Self-contained guest studio
• Back-up water tanks
• Covered parking area for two cars plus large guest parking area
The selling price is exclusive of property transfer tax, legal expenses and agency fees.
- Chania (International), 9.7 miles
- Heraklion (International), 55.3 miles
*Distances are straight line measurements. This feature is currently in beta.