3 bedroom house for sale
Portugal - Concelho Do Porto Moniz, Madeira
like this property?Call: 03339 396426
- Privacy and tranquillity in countryside
- Stunning panoramic views over the ocean
- Extremely well designed & versatile living spaces
- One large residence or a smaller residenece with a self-catering 3-bedroom apartment
- Perfect for rural tourism
- Large flat lawned garden is ideal for families
- Plenty of space for a kitchen garden
- Irrigation water available
This is a property which allows you to "get away" from it all, in comfort and with all necessary conveniences.
The L-shaped property is split into two distinct units - one with large open-plan living areas and a loft (office, bedroom, study etc), the second as a three-bedroom self-contained unit which can be rented out or used as a guest suite. Full of character, and extremely versatile, the property is appealing in its architecture as much as in its secluded location.
The large level garden can be kept as a lawn, or part of it turned over to grow your own fruits and vegetables.
Must be visited!
For those considering an investment in a luxury residence as a second (holiday) home or as a retirement destination, consider the advantages of Madeira Island :
* Sub-tropical climate - warm & pleasant year round
* Natural beauty - dramatic scenery, lush & colourful, known as the "Garden of the Atlantic"
* Ease of access - within 3 hours flight time from most European cities, direct flights from over 40 destinations in Europe, daily flights to London and Lisbon
* Protected environment - 70% of the island is protected parkland & forest
* Activities/Amenities - wide range of sports & leisure activities; two Golf courses near to Funchal
* Tourist infrastructure - long known as a quality tourist destination, with lots to see & do* Quality of life - a friendly, safe & clean place to visit and to live in (Note: one of the lowest incidences of crime in Europe)
Legal and fiscal situation
* Property transfer taxes - IMT tax, Stamp duty, reigistration and notary fees - max. 7%
* Inheritance tax - Effective 1st January 2004, inheritance tax abolished in Portugal. There is still a 10% stamp duty charge though on transfer of assets. Gifts/donations to a spouse (husband or wife), children, parents or grandparents are exempt.
* Capital gains tax - Flat 25% tax levy on all capital gains effected by non-residents.
* Portuguese (EU) Residence Permit - Since July 2012, the NON-EU PURCHASER has a right to apply for a Portuguese residence permit (with subsequent freedom of movement in Schengen countries) following purchase of real estate in Portugal with A MINIMUM INVESTMENT OF ¿500.000
* Non-Habitual Resident's Regime - offering fiscal advantages particularly to non-Portuguese retirees taking up residence in Portugal
- Funchal (International), 13.1 miles
*Distances are straight line measurements. This feature is currently in beta.