3 bedroom house for sale
Portugal - Estreito Da Calheta, Calheta, Madeira
like this property?Call: 03339 396426
- Privacy and tranquillity in countryside of Calheta
- Best climate in Madeira
- Stunning panoramic views
- Full of charm & character
The property is blessed with an ideal sunny location, and is beautifully peaceful and quiet, accompanied only by the sound of the levada water running down the small road nearby.
Built in 1958, this traditional 'Madeiran style' house was renovated a few years ago, but still has the original wooden windows and stone walls. The Jacuzzi was also installed, as well as aluminium shutters which make ongoing maintenance much easier.
The front door opens directly into a large open plan living/dining room. The family kitchen, on the west side, is ample and traditionally decorated. To the east side there is a laundry and a guest WC.
The wooden stairs from the living room up to the upper floor lead you directly to an elegant hallway with traditional hand-worked ceilings.
The top floor offers two good size bedrooms and one smaller one, all with definitive ocean views. All feature beautiful coved ceilings. The master suite leads out onto the balcony to the east side of the house, where you can enjoy the shade of the bougainvilleas.
The property is full of charm, with little architectural details which surprise you.
The decked area in front of the house is the perfect place to relax, and could easily be turned into a lawn.
The new driveway with automatic gates gives a very private access to the property, and a smaller plot (281 m2) in front of the house can be used to grow your own fruits and vegetables.
Very well worth a viewing!
For those considering an investment in a luxury residence as a second (holiday) home or as a retirement destination, consider the advantages of Madeira Island :
• Sub-tropical climate - warm & pleasant year round
• Natural beauty - dramatic scenery, lush & colourful, known as the "Garden of the Atlantic"
• Ease of access - within 3 hours flight time from most European cities, direct flights from over 40 destinations in Europe, daily flights to London and Lisbon
• Protected environment - 70% of the island is protected parkland & forest
• Activities/Amenities - wide range of sports & leisure activities; two Golf courses near to Funchal
• Tourist infrastructure - long known as a quality tourist destination, with lots to see & do
• Quality of life - a friendly, safe & clean place to visit and to live in (Note: one of the lowest incidences of crime in Europe)
Legal and fiscal situation
• Property transfer taxes - IMT tax, Stamp duty, reigistration and notary fees - max. 7%
• Inheritance tax - Effective 1st January 2004, inheritance tax abolished in Portugal. There is still a 10% stamp duty charge though on transfer of assets. Gifts/donations to a spouse (husband or wife), children, parents or grandparents are exempt.
• Capital gains tax - Flat 25% tax levy on all capital gains effected by non-residents.
• Portuguese (EU) Residence Permit - Since July 2012, the NON-EU PURCHASER has a right to apply for a Portuguese residence permit (with subsequent freedom of movement in Schengen countries) following purchase of real estate in Portugal with A MINIMUM INVESTMENT OF €500.000
• Non-Habitual Resident's Regime - offering fiscal advantages particularly to non-Portuguese retirees taking up residence in Portugal
- Funchal (International), 23.7 miles
*Distances are straight line measurements. This feature is currently in beta.