4 bedroom detached house for sale
Italy - Tavernelle, Perugia, Umbria
like this property?Call: 03339 872119
- Traditional, rustic, stone farmhouse
- Fully modernised retaining original features: beams, fireplace, stone or tiled floors, wine-cellar, pizza-oven
- Large reception room upstairs with beautiful views from every window
- Fully-fitted kitchen with granite work surfaces
- 3 double bedrooms upstairs, 1 double bedroom downstairs
- 3 bathrooms and a separate laundry room
- Large reception room downstairs with arched areas
- Water purifying and softening systems for the house, irrigation system for the garden
- An outhouse, suitable for conversion
- Self-contained 1-bedroomed apartment with own driveway, entrance and patio
The house has been modernised whilst retaining the original features e.g. beams, fireplace, brick/tiled floors, thick walls and wide window sills, wine-cellar and pizza-oven. There is gas-fired central heating, double-glazing and mosquito-nets throughout, also satellite TV and internet connection. The large reception room on the upper floor overlooks the valley and has a wood-burning stove standing in the large traditional fireplace. There are three double bedrooms, a bathroom and fully-fitted kitchen with granite work surfaces. Beautiful views can be seen from every window.
A solid wood staircase leads to the ground floor with another large reception room with an additional arched area. A self-contained apartment (sitting-room, kitchen, bedroom and bathroom with its own entrance and patio) is also accessible from here, and the double wood doors can be locked if/when necessary. There is a shower room, a laundry room and a storage area with the water purifying and softening units as well as control of the automatic irrigation system, which has water-points throughout the garden.
Access to the wine-cellar, which is fully equipped including a traditional wine press, is from the garage. There is also a traditional wood-burning pizza oven and wood store underneath the external stairway.
Umbria is known as the Green Heart of Italy with its rolling forested hills, vineyards, and fields of bright yellow sunflowers; it will become clear to you why so many of the famous Italian artists were inspired by this beautiful scenery.
The house is situated approximately 10 miles from the border with Tuscany and is within easy reach of the motorway, which leads (in 2hours) south to Rome and north to Florence. A 45 minute drive will take you to Assisi and in an hour you can be in the medieval town of Gubbio or Etruscan Orvieto, where the famous wine comes from. Castiglione del Lago, situated on the south of Lake Trasimeno, is within easy reach (a 30 minute drive), where you can either relax on the beach, take part in water sports or explore the walled town above the lake. Perugia to the east, is also only 30 minutes away and apart from all the expected services one finds in a city, the hidden Etruscan town underneath the city is well worth a visit. The nearest town to the house is Tavernelle (5 minute drive). This is well-equipped with services and local amenities also include an outdoor swimming pool, golf course and tennis courts. Oro is on the hills on the south side of the valley and, with a car, is a beautiful location to live, retire or spend holidays.
- Florence (International), 73.3 miles
- Peretola (International), 73.4 miles
- Leonardo da Vinci (International), 82.9 miles
- Ciampino (International), 85.9 miles
- Marina di Campo (International), 98 miles
*Distances are straight line measurements. This feature is currently in beta.