3 bedroom house for sale
Portugal - Funchal, Madeira
like this property?Call: 03339 396426
- Premium villa in Palheiro Village
- Largest garden in the condominium, private pool
- Underfloor heating to living & bedrooms
- Elegantly furnished, all included in sales price
- Fully established in the holiday rental market
- Vaulted ceilings with featured uplighting
- Wonderful views over Funchal Bay and ocean
- On-site property management and rental service
- Village owners have privileged discounts on Estate facilities
- Additional basement storage room
Furnished in a contemporary style, and already licensed as a holiday rental property, this villa is being sold fully furnished and equipped.
Built within the award-winning Palheiro Village, part of the famous Palheiro Estate, villa 39 was designed to take advantage of the hillside location. This split-level accomodation is beautifully arranged, with a construction area of approximately 203 sq. m. plus extensive terraces, heated 5 m pool with jet-stream swimming system and a generous private garden with paved area and immaculate lawn.
The access to this three bedroom villa is at the upper floor level, where the car-port and entrance porch are positioned. An impressive solid-wood front door gives access to the entrance hall and double-storey height stair well.
The upper floor is split into two levels, with the master bedroom and en-suite bathroom at the higher level, with a short flight of stairs down to an intermediate landing and bedrooms 2 & 3.
The extensive lounge, dining & kitchen area are located at the lower floor level, with a large pergola-covered terrace giving space to relax in the sun and enjoy the special views over the Atlantic and the Bay of Funchal. There is also a third bathroom and additional storage room with floor to ceiling lockable storage cupboards.
From the main terrace there are steps down to the garden terrace and equipment/storage room.
Ownership of the villa confers privileged access to the facilities of the Palheiro Estate including the Village Forum heated outdoor pool; 18-hole Palheiro Golf course and Palheiro Spa.
Careful attention to detail and high construction standards are maintained throughout Palheiro Village. The specification of the villas includes stone floor and wall tiles to bathrooms, under-floor heating throughout, pre-installation for air-conditioning, fitted wardrobes, open fireplace, security system and cable TV.
Villa 39 has hardwood wengé floors in the three bedrooms, and additional extras such as heated towel rails in the bathrooms, and pool heating.
To ensure their homes are properly looked after, Owners in Palheiro Village can take advantage of the services offered by Palheiro Property Management. Properties are regularly inspected, cleaned and maintained to a high standard. For those interested in the investment potential of their property, a rental service is available under the regime of "Local Lodging" or Alojamento Local.
Palheiro Village, a private condominium designed by Michael Brown Associates, is built in a traditional external style and lies 10 minutes from the centre of Funchal & 15 minutes from the international airport. It offers a civilized, secure and restful environment to enjoy your holiday home or permanent residence.
For those considering an investment in a luxury residence as a second (holiday) home or as a retirement destination, consider the advantages of Madeira Island :
• Sub-tropical climate - warm & pleasant year round
• Natural beauty - dramatic scenery, lush & colourful, known as the "Garden of the Atlantic"
• Ease of access - within 3 hours flight time from most European cities, direct flights from over 40 destinations in Europe, daily flights to London and Lisbon
• Protected environment - 70% of the island is protected parkland & forest
• Activities/Amenities - wide range of sports & leisure activities; two Golf courses near to Funchal
• Tourist infrastructure - long known as a quality tourist destination, with lots to see & do• Quality of life - a friendly, safe & clean place to visit and to live in (Note: one of the lowest incidences of crime in Europe)
Legal and fiscal situation
• Property transfer taxes - IMT tax, Stamp duty, reigistration and notary fees - max. 7%
• Inheritance tax - Effective 1st January 2004, inheritance tax abolished in Portugal. There is still a 10% stamp duty charge though on transfer of assets. Gifts/donations to a spouse (husband or wife), children, parents or grandparents are exempt.
• Capital gains tax - Flat 25% tax levy on all capital gains effected by non-residents.
• Portuguese (EU) Residence Permit - Since July 2012, the NON-EU PURCHASER has a right to apply for a Portuguese residence permit (with subsequent freedom of movement in Schengen countries) following purchase of real estate in Portugal with A MINIMUM INVESTMENT OF €500.000
• Non-Habitual Resident's Regime - offering fiscal advantages particularly to non-Portuguese retirees taking up residence in Portugal
- Funchal (INTERNATIONAL), 8.5 miles
*Distances are straight line measurements. This feature is currently in beta.