3 bedroom house for sale
Portugal - Concelho Do Porto Moniz, Madeira
like this property?Call: 03339 396426
- Spacious home in the countryside with mature garden
- A blend of "old" and new
- Fully furnished and equipped
- Suitable as a weekend getaway, a full-time home, or as a holiday let
- Near to woodland walks, and within 5 minutes of the town of Porto Moniz
The old stone house has been converted into a new building with three bedrooms and two bathrooms. The entrance floor houses an open-plan kitchen/dining/living area, with one bedroom and guest bathroom. The top floor houses the master bedroom and bathroom with jacuzzi, as well as a study/office.
The lower floor has a second bedroom suite with direct access to the garden, as well as a multipurpose room currently used as a recording studio complete with acoustic insulation. A spiral staircase connects the two lower floors.
The other basement room has three sets of steel doors and is used as a large safe.
The garden is perfect for young children and the area is in direct proximity of woodland walks. The levada running nearby provides a soothing sound in the otherwise tranquil environment.
The house is suitable for "rural tourism", with a respective "Local Lodging" licence.
For those considering an investment in a luxury residence as a second (holiday) home or as a retirement destination, consider the advantages of Madeira Island :
• Sub-tropical climate - warm & pleasant year round
• Natural beauty - dramatic scenery, lush & colourful, known as the "Garden of the Atlantic"
• Ease of access - within 3 hours flight time from most European cities, direct flights from over 40 destinations in Europe, daily flights to London and Lisbon
• Protected environment - 70% of the island is protected parkland & forest
• Activities/Amenities - wide range of sports & leisure activities; two Golf courses near to Funchal
• Tourist infrastructure - long known as a quality tourist destination, with lots to see & do• Quality of life - a friendly, safe & clean place to visit and to live in (Note: one of the lowest incidences of crime in Europe)
Legal and fiscal situation
• Property transfer taxes - IMT tax, Stamp duty, reigistration and notary fees - max. 7%
• Inheritance tax - Effective 1st January 2004, inheritance tax abolished in Portugal. There is still a 10% stamp duty charge though on transfer of assets. Gifts/donations to a spouse (husband or wife), children, parents or grandparents are exempt.
• Capital gains tax - Flat 25% tax levy on all capital gains effected by non-residents.
• Portuguese (EU) Residence Permit - Since July 2012, the NON-EU PURCHASER has a right to apply for a Portuguese residence permit (with subsequent freedom of movement in Schengen countries) following purchase of real estate in Portugal with A MINIMUM INVESTMENT OF €500.000
• Non-Habitual Resident's Regime - offering fiscal advantages particularly to non-Portuguese retirees taking up residence in Portugal
- Funchal (International), 13.1 miles
*Distances are straight line measurements. This feature is currently in beta.