9 bedroom country house for sale
Ireland - Fermoy, Cork
like this property?Call: 03339 390412
- Demesne contains over two kilometres of river bank
- 30 minutes from Cork International Airport and Cork City
- Superb elevated garden setting
- Fishing rights over the River Blackwater
- 12 acres (4.9ha)
- Separate entrance to two guest cottages
- Exceptional Georgian house
- Meticulously restored
"Ileclash is one of the jewels of the Blackwater Valley. It stands gracefully on an elevation and commands a fine view over the river and surrounding countryside. The demesne contains over two kilometres of river bank and a variety of terrains, ranging from terraced lawns to mature woodland, rockeries to caves and lily-ponds to newly planted box hedge gardens. The house is of mid Georgian appearance with a five bay, two storey entrance front and a central fan lit doorway. The garden front has two large bows, each comprising three bays, decorated with a string course. These bows are adjoined by another three bays to the west. There is also a Victorian extension to the rear overlooking the walled garden. The house had many Victorian additions , including a large castellated porch which under restoration has been removed to return the house to its Georgian elegance. Another feature of this property is a large tumulus."
Ileclash House, which at times was known as Licklash and Rock Ville, was built about 1830 and is situated about 200m from the ruin of the historically interesting Licklash Castle (not included). Over the years Ileclash has had many colourful and historically interesting owners, none more so than Sir Oswald Mosely whose love life was nearly as intriguing as his political career and his wife Diana, one of the famous Mitford sisters.
More information from this agent
- Cork (INTERNATIONAL), 22.9 miles
- Shannon (INTERNATIONAL), 48.2 miles
- Waterford (INTERNATIONAL), 50.3 miles
- Kerry (INTERNATIONAL), 52.1 miles
- Galway (INTERNATIONAL), 85.1 miles
*Distances are straight line measurements. This feature is currently in beta.