21 bedroom castle for sale
Ireland - Glin, Limerick
like this property?Call: 03339 390412
- includes beautifully appointed main house, spacious guest wing and three gate lodges
- overlooking the Shannon Estuary
- delightful gardens and grounds
- profitable dairy farm, woodland and parkland
One of Ireland's most historic estates on the Shannon Estuary beside the village of Glin, less than 1 hour from Limerick City and Shannon International Airport.
The Glin Castle has been continuously occupied for over 700 years by the FitzGerald family, hereditary Knights of Glin.
In recent years the main house and guest wing have been fully restored to a very high specification including rewiring and re-plumbing to commercial standards.
Superb castellated mansion fully restored overlooking the Shannon Estuary with reception hall, 5 beautifully proportioned reception rooms with fine period features, kitchen with ancillary stores and 12 en-suite bedrooms.
Self-contained connected guest wing with three reception rooms, two offices, kitchen with ancillary rooms and 8 en-suite bedrooms.
Delightful gardens and grounds.
Profitable dairy farm, woodland and parkland
Valuable collection of historic Irish furniture and paintings available at valuation
- Shannon (International), 28 miles
- Kerry (International), 44.9 miles
- Connemara (Domestic), 75.3 miles
- Connemara (Domestic), 75.5 miles
- Galway (International), 84.7 miles
*Distances are straight line measurements. This feature is currently in beta.