3 bedroom house for sale
Portugal - Ribeira Brava, Madeira
like this property?Call: 03339 396426
- Located in the warmest place of Madeira Island
- Tranquility, stunning views over the ocean and the clifftop
- Flexible multipurpose space on the ground floor
- Confortable family house, very open and fresh
- Beautiful sunsets guaranteed every night
The lower floor houses a spacious garage for at least two cars with lots of storage space as well as a gymnasium and a meditation room.
The first floor opens up into a large open-plan living/dining area with an open fireplace. In front of the west-facing window offering views to the ocean and an impressive waterfall, a small divan invites you to relax with a book in this reading corner, adjacent to the fully-fitted and bright family kitchen.
The bedrooms are on the upper floor, all with access to a common terrace. An extra bedroom, if needed, can be arranged on the first floor as the studio/office already has fitted wardrobes installed.
The master bedroom has it's own dressing area as well as an ensuite bathroom. One of the bedrooms has access to a large additional storage area.
The landscaped garden and a pool which can be covered in winter, and is heated by solar panels, make the most of the outside space.
There is also enough land to the east of the house to create a kitchen/vegetable garden, if you wish to grow your own.
For those considering an investment in a luxury residence as a second (holiday) home or as a retirement destination, consider the advantages of Madeira Island :
• Sub-tropical climate - warm & pleasant year round
• Natural beauty - dramatic scenery, lush & colourful, known as the "Garden of the Atlantic"
• Ease of access - within 3 hours flight time from most European cities, direct flights from over 40 destinations in Europe, daily flights to London and Lisbon
• Protected environment - 70% of the island is protected parkland & forest
• Activities/Amenities - wide range of sports & leisure activities; two Golf courses near to Funchal
• Tourist infrastructure - long known as a quality tourist destination, with lots to see & do• Quality of life - a friendly, safe & clean place to visit and to live in (Note: one of the lowest incidences of crime in Europe)
Legal and fiscal situation
• Property transfer taxes - IMT tax, Stamp duty, reigistration and notary fees - max. 7%
• Inheritance tax - Effective 1st January 2004, inheritance tax abolished in Portugal. There is still a 10% stamp duty charge though on transfer of assets. Gifts/donations to a spouse (husband or wife), children, parents or grandparents are exempt.
• Capital gains tax - Flat 25% tax levy on all capital gains effected by non-residents.
• Portuguese (EU) Residence Permit - Since July 2012, the NON-EU PURCHASER has a right to apply for a Portuguese residence permit (with subsequent freedom of movement in Schengen countries) following purchase of real estate in Portugal with A MINIMUM INVESTMENT OF €500.000
• Non-Habitual Resident's Regime - offering fiscal advantages particularly to non-Portuguese retirees taking up residence in Portugal
- Funchal (International), 15.7 miles
*Distances are straight line measurements. This feature is currently in beta.