Land for sale
Portugal - Funchal, Madeira
like this property?Call: 03339 396426
- Gated access off estate road
- Close to Palheiro Golf course
- Privileged access to Estate facilities - Hotel, Restaurants, Golf & Spa
- Large plot with possibility to create a very private residence
- Assistance with establishing team of architects, contractors & project management available
An initial project for the plot exists; please contact us for further information.
The property benefits from the security of the Estate and privileged access to the facilities of the Resort as well as the on site Management services.
Gated access off estate road
Easy access to Funchal & airport
Privileged access to the faciites of the Palheiro Estate - Palheiro Golf course and restaurant, Casa Velha do Palheiro hotel, Palheiro Spa, the Palheiro Gardens
Villa plots are sold subject to building regulations defining such matters as construction density, height, regulations of use, etc. A copy of the Building & Operating Regulations can be obtained from ImoPalheiro, Lda
Design & construction - ImoPalheiro, Lda. can provide information on the design, planning approval and construction process, and are able to introduce the Purchaser to experienced firms of Architects & Project Managers.
For those considering an investment in a luxury residence as a second (holiday) home or as a retirement destination, consider the advantages of Madeira Island :
• Sub-tropical climate - warm & pleasant year round
• Natural beauty - dramatic scenery, lush & colourful, known as the "Garden of the Atlantic"
• Ease of access - within 3 hours flight time from most European cities, direct flights from over 40 destinations in Europe, daily flights to London and Lisbon
• Protected environment - 70% of the island is protected parkland & forest
• Activities/Amenities - wide range of sports & leisure activities; two Golf courses near to Funchal
• Tourist infrastructure - long known as a quality tourist destination, with lots to see & do• Quality of life - a friendly, safe & clean place to visit and to live in (Note: one of the lowest incidences of crime in Europe)
Legal and fiscal situation
• Property transfer taxes - IMT tax, Stamp duty, reigistration and notary fees - max. 7%
• Inheritance tax - Effective 1st January 2004, inheritance tax abolished in Portugal. There is still a 10% stamp duty charge though on transfer of assets. Gifts/donations to a spouse (husband or wife), children, parents or grandparents are exempt.
• Capital gains tax - Flat 25% tax levy on all capital gains effected by non-residents.
• Portuguese (EU) Residence Permit - Since July 2012, the NON-EU PURCHASER has a right to apply for a Portuguese residence permit (with subsequent freedom of movement in Schengen countries) following purchase of real estate in Portugal with A MINIMUM INVESTMENT OF €500.000
• Non-Habitual Resident's Regime - offering fiscal advantages particularly to non-Portuguese retirees taking up residence in Portugal
- Funchal (INTERNATIONAL), 8.5 miles
*Distances are straight line measurements. This feature is currently in beta.