3 bedroom house for sale
Portugal - Funchal, Madeira
like this property?Call: 03339 396426
- Established residential area, close to the old town and city centre
- Within a walking distance of all facilities
- Original solid stone walls
- Generous size bedrooms with solid wooden floors
- Modern decoration combined with classical art pieces
- Exterior floor with 'calçada portuguesa' (basalt stones and marble drawings)
- External areas easily maintained
- Alfresco dining area with stunning views
- An inviting family home
The main door opens up to a spacious hall with a solid wooden floor, which is present in all rooms, and has a mix of contemporary and classical art pieces. The living area, to the left, has a red sofa and an oriental style coffee table that match the rest of the interior decoration. The elegant dining room, one wall clad with mirrors, follows before you enter the kitchen, fully fitted with modern appliances.
A games room/library, a conservatory which has been turned into a office, and a guest WC complete the accomodation on this floor.
All bedrooms, with generous areas, are on the upper floor. The master bedroom with ensuite bathroom has a private balcony facing towards the city centre and the ocean. The other two bedrooms have a shared bathroom.
This historical villa, which still has its original stone walls, features an exterior jacuzzi, and a hand-crafted outside dining table located to the south-west of the house, where you can enjoy the view of the sunset over the old town and city, whilst having a late meal. The exterior paving features 'calçada portuguesa', typical drawings made with small basalt stones and, in this case, contrasting with white marble pebbles.
This historical villa has a garage space underneath the front terrace, and a second vehicle access to the east onto the ground floor level.
A charming and inviting property!
For those considering an investment in a luxury residence as a second (holiday) home or as a retirement destination, consider the advantages of Madeira Island :
• Sub-tropical climate - warm & pleasant year round
• Natural beauty - dramatic scenery, lush & colourful, known as the "Garden of the Atlantic"
• Ease of access - within 3 hours flight time from most European cities, direct flights from over 40 destinations in Europe, daily flights to London and Lisbon
• Protected environment - 70% of the island is protected parkland & forest
• Activities/Amenities - wide range of sports & leisure activities; two Golf courses near to Funchal
• Tourist infrastructure - long known as a quality tourist destination, with lots to see & do• Quality of life - a friendly, safe & clean place to visit and to live in (Note: one of the lowest incidences of crime in Europe)
Legal and fiscal situation
• Property transfer taxes - IMT tax, Stamp duty, reigistration and notary fees - max. 7%
• Inheritance tax - Effective 1st January 2004, inheritance tax abolished in Portugal. There is still a 10% stamp duty charge though on transfer of assets. Gifts/donations to a spouse (husband or wife), children, parents or grandparents are exempt.
• Capital gains tax - Flat 25% tax levy on all capital gains effected by non-residents.
• Portuguese (EU) Residence Permit - Since July 2012, the NON-EU PURCHASER has a right to apply for a Portuguese residence permit (with subsequent freedom of movement in Schengen countries) following purchase of real estate in Portugal with A MINIMUM INVESTMENT OF €500.000
• Non-Habitual Resident's Regime - offering fiscal advantages particularly to non-Portuguese retirees taking up residence in Portugal
- Funchal (International), 8.5 miles
*Distances are straight line measurements. This feature is currently in beta.