5 bedroom castle for sale
France - Martel, Lot, Midi-Pyrénées
like this property?Call: 03339 391333
- Dates back to 14th century
- Overlooking Dordogne river
- 14 rooms in total
- Over 7000 sq ft of accommodation
- 21 acres of park and woodland
- Recently refubished to very high standard
- 2 bedroom guest cottage
- Refurbished garage
- Recently installed heated swimming pool
- 40 minute drive from Brive Vallee de la Dordogne airport
Situated in the medieval commune of Monvalent; a beautiful, peaceful area of agriculture, woodland, limestone cliffs, historic villages, Romanesque churches and old castles. Accessible by plane (nearest airport Brive 40 minutes away), train and car, with convenient stores and farmer's market just 15 minutes away in Martel.
La Roque is a charming, spacious chateau comprising of 14 principal rooms, all of which have been extensively re-modelled and re-furbished to a very high standard in the last couple of years, whilst maintaining many of the original features like the stone spiral staircase set in an historic 14th century stone tower, and old beams in many of the rooms.
All principal rooms have views of the Dordogne River, or the stunning natural French countryside which surrounds the chateau, and there is a magnificent terrace on which to sit and view the bubbling river, and farmland, hills and local villages in the vista.
Accommodation includes recently fitted luxury kitchen; grand vestibule with stunning hand carved oak staircase; and an elegant dining room, leading into an inviting sitting room and study, with access to the dramatic stone terrace overlooking the river.
Upstairs includes master bedroom with luxury en-suite and ample dressing room, three further bedrooms and laundry room, with a further bedroom and en-suite on the top floor. The basement includes a cellar, games room and stone vaulted flower-arranging room.
The separate two-bedroom guest cottage is ideal for visitors, or on-site staff to look after the chateau during vacant periods. The cottage has been recenlty extended, and refurbished to a high standard.
The majority of the land is wooded, save for a flower-cutting and vegetable gardens near the heated swimming pool, and attractive lawns and flowering shrubs around the house.
Viewings available now.
* 1% finders fee available to any agent who introduces a buyer. The buyer must be someone who hasn't viewed the chateau before, and the fee will be a percentage of the final net sale price of the chateau i.e. minus any taxes or fees payable by the vendor. All fees to be invoiced and paid on completion.
Further information available - please call the number above, or email your enquiry.
- Bergerac (International), 86.5 miles
*Distances are straight line measurements. This feature is currently in beta.