3 bedroom cottage for sale
France - St-Georges-du-Vièvre, Eure, Normandy
like this property?Call: 03339 395515
- Renovated thatched cottage
- Just 30 mins from the coast
- A few minutes from village shops
- In a quiet rural position
- Grounds of 2/3 acre
- One hour from ferry port
Built in the colombage (or beamed) style typical of this part of Normandy, this very charming, picture-postcard thatched cottage is brimming over with character. It has 3 bedrooms. One of these can be reached through the master bedroom but is also independently accessible via an external staircase, sheltered by a typically Norman-style roof overhang known as a queue de geai (literally, a Jay's tail).
The plot measures 2700m² (0.67 acres) in total and is largely grassed with some established trees. There is a jacuzzi hot tub outside and some outbuildings including a timber-built shelter and a garage.
The house is within easy reach of shops, about 30 kms from the sea and Honfleur with its beautiful little harbour and an hour's drive to the ferry port of Le Havre. To reach the Caen ferry takes a few minutes longer.
To find other similar properties, please visit the La Résidence website
- Le Havre (Octeville) (International), 30.2 miles
- Caen (Carpiquet) (International), 47.4 miles
- Paris (Beauvais) (International), 70.3 miles
- Paris (Orly) (International), 87.2 miles
- Paris (Charles de Gaulle) (International), 90.8 miles
*Distances are straight line measurements. This feature is currently in beta.