5 bedroom villa for sale
France - Agence de Quillan
like this property?Call: 03339 395567
- SH/Living space : 125 m²
- Chambres/Bedrooms : 4/5
- Vues dégagées/Stunning views
- Piscine/Swimming pool
- Grand jardin/Large garden
- Vues dégagées/Stunning views
Couiza is a small market town situated midway between the larger towns of Limoux and Quillan at the confluence of the rivers Aude and the Salz, and is the Western Gateway to the Corbiere hills. This impressive 4 towered stone Château - which is now a very nice hotel and restaurant - is one of several cafe restaurants/bars in the town catering for all tastes and pockets. As well is its twice-weekly market town has a supermarket and filling station on its outskirts, as well as Post Office, hairdressers, a convenience store, 2 boulangeries and medical centre. It is about 10 minutes drive from the naturally heated thermal spa baths is at Rennes le Bains. Couiza is around 30 minutes drive from Carcassonne (Canal de Midi; UNESCO heritage site; international airport), 75 minutes from Perpignan (TGV station for London, Paris, Barcelona and Madrid; international airport) and from Toulouse (4th city of France; cultural and university centre; international airport). Carcassonne, Perpignan and Toulouse are all easily reachable by public transport. The nearest Pyrenean ski station is just 47 km/30 miles away and other sporting facilities (hill walking, white water rafting, canoeing etc) are right on the doorstep. Couiza also benefits from the microclimate of the upper Aude Valley, having the clear blue skies of the Mediterranean but being shielded from the debilitating Tramontane winds by the Corbière mountains.
The accommodation comprises:
- Open plan living area with separate kitchen, dining, and living areas, the latter with high-efficiency wood-burning stove. Direct access to the terrace with magnificent views to the Corbières. External access to the garden and swimming pool.
- Fully fitted kitchen area.
- 4 double bedrooms.
- Study/bedroom 5
- Contemporary bathroom.
- Separate WC.
Lower ground floor:
- Large basement area, with garage, utility, and workshop areas.
- Level, south-east facing, private rear garden with uninterrupted views to the Corbières.
- Decorative gardens to the other 3 sides of the house.
This is a property in good decorative order which is immediately habitable, and would make an ideal permanent residence for somebody working in or retiring to the area, or as a holiday property for own use or rental purposes. However there has been a small amount of structural settlement (due to inadequate rainwater routing away from the house) resulting in some cracks which would need appropriate remedial work carrying out by the purchaser, and the low asking price more than reflects this. (Normally this house in perfect condition would be marketed for around €300,000).
This really is an exceptional property at an exceptional price!
Please see www.aci-agence.com (M2071 or C1832) for further details, a location plan and satellite photos.
Dining room/Salle à manger
Bedroom 1/Chambre 1
Bathroom/Salle de Bain
More information from this agent
- Carcassonne (International), 29.5 miles
- Perpignan (Rivesaltes) (International), 60 miles
- Toulouse (Blagnac) (International), 98.1 miles
*Distances are straight line measurements. This feature is currently in beta.