2 bedroom apartment for sale
Italy - Sansepolcro, Arezzo, Tuscany
like this property?Call: 00393334497840
- Private Estate Gardens
- Combination floor finishes, timber and stone pattern floors
- Timber beam ceilings
- Two separate entrances
- Sunfilled rooms
- Cantina Storage area
2 Bedroom, 2 Bathroom Ground Level Apartment with Cantina storage
Sansepolcro the Tuscan town and birthplace of Piero della Francessca, one of the early and influential renaissance artists that brings one to this special town, surrounded by its ancient fortified walls, adorned with bell towers and prestigious Rennaisance buildings.
It is within this town that we find this luxurious villa, built in the beginning of the seventeenth century. It was home to nineteenth century notables, intellectuals and artists who enjoyed great prestige and popularity: among them, Vincenzo Chialli, the Capuchin school, pupil of Canova, artist of the fine frescoes that still adorn some of the rooms of this Villa, and the caricaturist Angiolo Tricca. The Villa has hosted within its walls the 'Ercole of Piero della Francesca, before his move to Boston at the Museum Isabella Stewart Gardner.
Today, this Villa has been subdivided into seven grand and unique apartments, each renovated keeping within the historical and period features and with their own characteristics. Varied frescoes decorate some of the walls and ceilings within some of these apartments.
There are beautifully crafted floors throughout each level and area, showcasing distinct floor finishes that represent the history of the villa over the years. The ground level foyer area, presents an ornate staircase with wooden and iron railing, leading to the upper level apartments.
The Villa is externally surrounded by a wonderful estate garden, 8000sqm in size, it is extremely well maintained with many established trees, rare plants, boxed hedges which decorate the pathways as well as a unique large stone fountain.
'Il Billiardo' apartment hosts many unique period features throughout. It is accessed via the garden however has a secondary entrance from the street 'Via Anconetana' also allowing access to the cantina/cellar a little under 7sqm in size. All rooms are spacious and bright with tall standing windows, timber beam ceilings, a combination of floor boards ad stone pattern floors.
It presents a large open lounge room with coffered timber ceiling and wooden floor boards, seperate kitchen, master bedroom with ensuite bathroom, second bedroom or study, second bathroom with laundry facilities room. Bathrooms have been completed with contemporary finishes
There are two car parking spaces allocated.
We have another six apartments available for sale within the villa:
- Le Cucine Ground Level, separate single level building adjoining main villa, Seventeenth century grand fireplace, 100sqm, 2 bedroom, 2 bathroom, exclusive use of allocated garden
- 'I Camini' Ground Level, 140sqm, two bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, exclusive use of allocated garden
- 'Il Monetiere' First Floor, 150sqm, three bedrooms, three bathrooms, allocated cantina space
- 'Il Nobile' First Floor, 150sqm, unique historical frescoes, three bedrooms, two bathrooms, private large terrace wtih tower
- 'Le Soffitte Cotto' Second Floor, 150sqm, three bedrooms, two bathrooms, allocated cantina space
- 'Le Soffitte Parquet', Second Floor, 155sqm, three bedrooms, two bathrooms, allocated attic space
- Peretola (International), 80.2 miles
*Distances are straight line measurements. This feature is currently in beta.