7 bedroom house for sale
Palazzo Nasciaro, Naxxar, Malta
like this property?Call: 03339 395989
As well as an indoor heated swimming pool entirely clad in stone, the palazzo benefits from a 250 sqm roof terrace that is shielded from neighbouring buildings. The property is also equipped with all modern conveniences, including underfloor heating, air conditioning, solar panelling and Wi-Fi.
Although its original foundations date back to far earlier times, the palazzo itself was designed by the renowned Maltese architect, Francesco Sammut, and thereafter, refined by his son, Giovanni, who is responsible for the magnificent Rococo façade and elaborate carvings.
Palazzo Nasciaro has not only provided a home for generations of the Sammut and Amato families, but during the Second World War, the hand-excavated labyrinthine underground shelter served as a hospital ward.
- Grand Entrance Hall leading to ancient central courtyard with Bacchus wall fountain
- Four storeys
- Arched indoor heated swimming pool, entirely clad in stone
- Arched enfilade to right of courtyard: kitchen, breakfast room, drinks room, dining room, study and TV room, ending in jasmine-scented rear yard
- To right of courtyard: sitting room, book room, cloakroom and entrance to swimming pool
- Principal stone staircase
- Juliet balcony and terrace on the first floor with three en-suite bedrooms and a library
- Mezzanine floor (originally the dovecote) now converted to two bedrooms and a bathroom
- Interconnecting apartment with bedroom, adjoining bathroom, kitchen, living room and independent street entrance
- Extensive underground shelter
- Bespoke decorative hardware and bathroom fittings imported from London and Paris
- All floors variously paved in Gozitan hardstone and local Maltese stone
- 700sqm interior space, 500sqm exterior space
- 250sqm roof terrace
More information from this agent
- Malta (International), 3.6 miles
- Malta (International), 4 miles
*Distances are straight line measurements. This feature is currently in beta.