4 bedroom house for sale
Portugal - Prazeres, Madeira
like this property?Call: 03339 396426
- Tranquility and stunning views over the ocean and mountain
- High-quality construction
- With three bedrooms in the ground level, this house is suitable for wheelchair users.
- Heated swimming pool with electrical cover, extensive sun-deck
- The property is certified class A+ energy efficient.
- Solar panels for domestic hot water
- Photovoltaic panels provide electricity
- Extensive lawn, fruit tree and aromatic herbs garden
The main entrance door opens up to a spacious entrance hall. To the left is the private area of the house which accommodates three bedrooms, two large guest bedrooms with shared bathroom and a most ample master suite. All three bedrooms have direct access to the terrace which surrounds the house, the garden and the pool. The property is very handicap friendly.
The ground floor master bedroom has a large entrance area, intended as an office, an ensuite bathroom with an extra shower, and a dressing area. The living room, adjacent to the kitchen on the right side of the entrance hall, is generous in size, but nevertheless feels inviting, comfortable, bright and peaceful, with a large sofa next to the piano.
The kitchen is fully equipped with Siemens appliances. Outside there is a built-in barbecue, with a small bathroom that also serves the swimming pool, and an exterior table where you can enjoy supper watching the sunset. The garden includes an area given over to fruit trees and aromatic herbs . There is a laundry area and a garage for one car, but plenty of space to park at least an additional three cars inside the property.
The upper floor offers an extra living area used as a games room, and a fourth bedroom with ensuite bathroom, that complete the accommodation.
The property is energetically self-sufficient. Photo voltaic panels provide the electricity, while solar panels heat domestic hot water. The pool is also heated and has an automatic cover. It is a certified class A+ energy efficient house. The furniture can be sold together with the property.
Prazeres is just 40 minutes from Funchal by motorway, and 10 minutes from the centre of Calheta.
For those considering an investment in a luxury residence as a second (holiday) home or as a retirement destination, consider the advantages of Madeira Island :
• Sub-tropical climate - warm & pleasant year round
• Natural beauty - dramatic scenery, lush & colourful, known as the "Garden of the Atlantic"
• Ease of access - within 3 hours flight time from most European cities, direct flights from over 40 destinations in Europe, daily flights to London and Lisbon
• Protected environment - 70% of the island is protected parkland & forest
• Activities/Amenities - wide range of sports & leisure activities; two Golf courses near to Funchal
• Tourist infrastructure - long known as a quality tourist destination, with lots to see & do• Quality of life - a friendly, safe & clean place to visit and to live in (Note: one of the lowest incidences of crime in Europe)
Legal and fiscal situation
• Property transfer taxes - IMT tax, Stamp duty, reigistration and notary fees - max. 7%
• Inheritance tax - Effective 1st January 2004, inheritance tax abolished in Portugal. There is still a 10% stamp duty charge though on transfer of assets. Gifts/donations to a spouse (husband or wife), children, parents or grandparents are exempt.
• Capital gains tax - Flat 25% tax levy on all capital gains effected by non-residents.
• Portuguese (EU) Residence Permit - Since July 2012, the NON-EU PURCHASER has a right to apply for a Portuguese residence permit (with subsequent freedom of movement in Schengen countries) following purchase of real estate in Portugal with A MINIMUM INVESTMENT OF €500.000
• Non-Habitual Resident's Regime - offering fiscal advantages particularly to non-Portuguese retirees taking up residence in Portugal
- Funchal (International), 39.9 miles
*Distances are straight line measurements. This feature is currently in beta.