4 bedroom detached house for sale
Spain - Muros, Oviedo, Asturias
like this property?Call: 03339 872654
- white sand beach only 500 meter away
- magnificent views of the Atlantic Ocean from a cliff
- spacious house with independent appartement on souterrain
- huge garage suitable as workshop
- house build using the best materials with good workmanship
- just outside of the 500m no-construction zone that has been declared for most of the Spanish coast line
- access to the nearby, children-safe, sandy beach with beautiful ocean views on the way
adjacent to pristine woods
- easy access to the new A8 motorway
- only 10 km from Oviedo/Asturias airport with regular cheap easyJet flights to London Stansted
- 25 km from shopping malls, hospital, bi-lingual school (ranks among the 100 best schools in Spain bij El Mundo)
- 1.5 km from the town centre of authentic, rural Muros de Nalón
- 30 km from the marina of Gijón for year-round sailing and deep sea fishing
- 2 hour drive to ski-resorts Valgrande-Pajaras
- 2 hours towards the national park of Picos de Europa for hiking and mountaineering
- nearby some of Europe's best beaches for wave surfing
- a selection of Michelin rated restaurants, which are usually much more affordable than elsewhere.
The village of Muros de Nalón is centrally located in Asturias, a region known for its abundant nature, medieval towns and plentiful good, affordable food. This is what Woody Allen said about its capital Oviedo: "A delicious, exotic, beautiful, clean, pleasant, tranquil and pedestrianised city. It is as if it didn't belong to this world. Oviedo is like a fairy tale.". He even came back to shoot part of a movie in the region "Vicky Cristina Barcelona", 2008.
The detached house is built on a 900 m2 fenced plot at the end of a paved road. The road continuous as a dirt road towards the seashore. Inside, the house has the following layout:
- spacious dinning room and open, fully equipped kitchen
- terraces on both sides of the dinning room
- huge living room with high wooden ceiling
- 2 smaller bedrooms
- bathroom with shower
- master bedroom
- bathroom with large, round whirlpool bath
- huge garage, suitable as workshop
- private appartement with kitchen and bathroom
The maverick layout offers many more possibilities than ordinary houses do. For example the living room could serve as an art studio (e.g. for painting) or use the garage for forms of expression that are more industrial by nature (e.g. wood or metal works). Another possibility is to live on the ground floor only and reserve the first floor and souterrain for family and friends that will certainly fall in love with this beautiful region too.
The house has been build by the first owner for his own use, deploying the best materials and with good workmanship. It was almost finished when we bought. During the 5 years that we lived there permanently with our two children, the souterrain and the exterior were finished (Google Streetview still shows the unfinished exterior).
Heating is done with two wood stoves, by far the most reliable heating method. The stoves easily cope with the mild ocean climate, even in winter time. Optionally, the house can be equipped with central heating either on oil or more appropriate for the location using geothermal heat.
The house is close enough to the village for a reliable internet connection. A satellite dish with multiple LNBs is mounted discretely on the roof for reception of all European TV channels (decoder not included).
If it wasn't for a work related reason, we would still be living there. Grab this opportunity now for a magnificent house at a rock bottom price!
- Asturias (International), 7.2 miles
*Distances are straight line measurements. This feature is currently in beta.