4 bedroom village house for sale
France - Gavaudun, Lot-et-Garonne, Aquitaine
like this property?Call: 03339 395515
- Handsome 17th century village house
- Great sought-after village location
- Large 1/2 acre garden with lovely views
- Swimming pool (11m x 5m) & summer house
- 4 bedrooms / 2 bathrooms
- Separate apartment with income potential
- Lots of original features
- Stone walls, beamed ceilings, wood & tile floors
- 35 mins to Bergerac airport
In addition to the 4-bed main house there is also an apartment with two rooms, one with a kitchen area and the other with a shower and WC. With a bit of work and redecoration, there is the potential for an income-generating letting facility.
The pretty village has a post office, café, small school and that all important artisan baker. Gavaudun is situated in a beautiful valley with the the quiet River Lede running through. Historically, the valley was an important communication route and an 11th Century castle that was built to protect the valley, perches impossibly on a rocky outcrop. Visiting the castle is not for the faint hearted but the views are worth the effort! The village at the foot of the castle has a lovely café with wisteria-shaded terrace and consistently good food.
If you're into golf, there is a championship golf course 25minutes away. Bergerac airport is a 35 minute drive and it's 50mins to Agen and Bordeaux and Toulouse are good excursions for a day-trip.
To find other similar properties, visit the La Résidence website.
- Bergerac (International), 41.5 miles
*Distances are straight line measurements. This feature is currently in beta.