3 bedroom house for sale
Portugal - Funchal, Madeira
like this property?Call: 03339 396426
- Comfortable contemporary family house, full of light
- High-quality construction to northern European standards
- Contemporary finishes and style
- Panoramic views over the southeast coast and ocean
- Spacious external terraces make most of wonderful climate
- Air conditioning installed
- Heated swimming pool next to the barbecue area.
- Suitable for full-time living or as a holidat rental property
The ground floor is a large open plan area which combines living, dining and kitchen area. Even from the fully fitted kitchen, it is possible to enjoy the unobstructed panoramic sea views through the extensive glass doors which provide plenty of natural light to the ground floor.
To the rear, there is a laundry and a technical area, with access to the exterior, and a guest WC completes the accommodation on this floor.
The first floor comprises the three bedrooms. The master bedroom, which has a ensuite bathroom and a fitted wardrobe, has a spacious balcony from which you can enjoy the sunset. The balcony is shared by the second bedroom situated to the front of the house. The third bedroom has rural views to the west. Bedrooms 2 & 3 share a guest bathroom.
The attractive layout of this three bedroom villa allows you to make the most of the outside areas with complete privacy in the swimming pool, deck and barbecue area. The decking has enough space for outside dining and sunbeds.
The villa has air conditioning installed throughout and solar panels for domestic hot water. The pool is also heated.
For those considering an investment in a luxury residence as a second (holiday) home or as a retirement destination, consider the advantages of Madeira Island :
• Sub-tropical climate - warm & pleasant year round
• Natural beauty - dramatic scenery, lush & colourful, known as the "Garden of the Atlantic"
• Ease of access - within 3 hours flight time from most European cities, direct flights from over 40 destinations in Europe, daily flights to London and Lisbon
• Protected environment - 70% of the island is protected parkland & forest
• Activities/Amenities - wide range of sports & leisure activities; two Golf courses near to Funchal
• Tourist infrastructure - long known as a quality tourist destination, with lots to see & do• Quality of life - a friendly, safe & clean place to visit and to live in (Note: one of the lowest incidences of crime in Europe)
Legal and fiscal situation
• Property transfer taxes - IMT tax, Stamp duty, reigistration and notary fees - max. 7%
• Inheritance tax - Effective 1st January 2004, inheritance tax abolished in Portugal. There is still a 10% stamp duty charge though on transfer of assets. Gifts/donations to a spouse (husband or wife), children, parents or grandparents are exempt.
• Capital gains tax - Flat 25% tax levy on all capital gains effected by non-residents.
• Portuguese (EU) Residence Permit - Since July 2012, the NON-EU PURCHASER has a right to apply for a Portuguese residence permit (with subsequent freedom of movement in Schengen countries) following purchase of real estate in Portugal with A MINIMUM INVESTMENT OF €500.000
• Non-Habitual Resident's Regime - offering fiscal advantages particularly to non-Portuguese retirees taking up residence in Portugal
- Funchal (International), 8.5 miles
*Distances are straight line measurements. This feature is currently in beta.