3 bedroom character property for salePontefract Road, Ackworth, Pontefract
Sold STC £265,000
- PART EXCHANGE AVAILABLE!!!
- Substantial brick built 3 bedroom character property
- Extensive gardens with outstanding views to rear
- Oil central heating, uPVC double glazing, alarm system
- Lounge and spacious conservatory
- Superbly fitted kitchen, breakfast room and dining room
- Utility room and cloakroom
- 3 good sized bedrooms and modern fitted family bathroom
- Ample off street parking and double garage with room to rear
- Rural location
PART EXCHANEG AVAILABLE!!!An outstanding character property with extensive gardens to the rear situated in a rural hamlet on the outer edge of Ackworth. Ideal for family purchaser wanting rural living or the equestrian enthusiast as a livery is close by.
Situated in this small hamlet,occupying a rural location with outstanding views,on the outer edge of Ackworth is this substantial 3 bedroom character property with extensive gardens of approx. one third of an acre to the rear ,located close to local countryside, yet offering easy access to the motorway network for those wishing to commute. Ideal for the family purchaser, those wanting rural living or the equestrian enthusiast, the property offers spacious accommodation throughout and has been fully renovated and updated in recent years by the present owner, to the highest of standards throughout. Having the usual requirements of oil central heating, uPVC double glazing and an alarm system the internal accommodation briefly comprises; reception hall, lounge, spacious conservatory, superbly fitted contemporary style kitchen with breakfast area, dining room, utility room and cloakroom. To the first floor there are 3 good sized bedrooms and modern fitted family bathroom.
With spindle stairs leading to the first floor, dado rail, stripped and stained wood flooring, ceiling coving and having a timber door leading out to the front of the property.
Lounge 17' 4" x 14' 1" ( 5.28m x 4.29m )
With window to the rear of the property and having a feature display niche to chimney breast with beam over. With ceiling coving, dado rail and carpet to floor with stripped and stained wood flooring.
Conservatory 17' x 11' 4" ( 5.18m x 3.45m )
Of uPVC and brick construction, laminate flooring and having uPVC/glazed French doors leading out to the rear gardens.
Kitchen 12' x 11' 10" ( 3.66m x 3.61m )
Having a comprehensive range of modern Shaker style cream units to both high and low level incorporating glass display units and with spaces for appliances. Set within the solid beach worktop there is a double Belfast sink unit and 4 ring ceramic hob with stainless steel oven, having a contemporary stainless steel extractor hood over. With laminate flooring, boarding to walls at low level, ceiling coving and having a square arch way leading into...
Breakfast Room 10' 3" x 5' 3" ( 3.12m x 1.60m )
With laminate flooring, boarding to walls at low level, downlighters and with square arch way leading into...
Dining Room 11' 10" x 9' 11" ( 3.61m x 3.02m )
With laminate flooring, ceiling coving and with window looking out to the side of the property.
Having a solid Beach worktop incorporating a Belfast sink unit and with spaces for appliances and with plumbing for washing machine. With laminate flooring, boarding to walls at low level, ceiling coving and timber stable door leading out to the rear of the property.
Having a 3 piece modern white suite with chrome fittings comprising of a low level WC and wash hand basin. With boarding to walls at low level and laminate flooring.
First Floor Landing
With built in storage cupboard, cylinder airing/storage cupboard, stripped and stained wood flooring, ceiling coving and having a window looking out to the rear, offering outstanding views over local countryside. Having access to loft.
Master Bedroom 17' 6" x 14' 6" ( 5.33m x 4.42m )
Having the advantage of windows to both front and rear of the property, offering extensive views and with stripped and stained wood flooring and ceiling coving.
Bedroom 2 16' 2" x 8' 3" ( 4.93m x 2.51m )
With window to the front of the property having ceiling coving and with recently refitted new carpet to floor.
Bedroom 3 12' x 11' 10" ( 3.66m x 3.61m )
With window to the rear of the property having ceiling coving and with recently refitted new carpet to floor.
Family Bathroom 12' 5" x 6' 10" ( 3.78m x 2.08m )
Having a 4 piece modern white suite with chrome fittings comprising of a Victorian style free standing side fill bath, low level WC, wash hand basin and tiled shower cubical. With stripped and stained wood flooring, boarding to walls at low level, ceiling coving and chrome ladder style radiator.
To the front of the property there is a buffer pebbled garden and a pebbled parking area, giving access to a timber farm house style gate leading to a further pebbled garden, giving ample off street parking and leading to the double garage. Having power, light and with a good sized room to the rear offering the potential for a number of uses e.g. workshop, games room, gym or hobbies room. To the rear of the property there is a good sized raised decked seating area, with contemporary style lighting and beyond a lawned garden with sunken pond and enclosed lawned play area with trellised fence surround. There are further extensive lawned gardens with a well stocked flower bed and bordered by mature trees. The gardens extend to approximately 1/3 of an acre and are of a particularly private nature having countryside and farmland beyond.
The property itself can be approached by leaving Pontefract Town Centre along the A628 Ackworth Road. Proceed into and through Ackworth and at the Moor Top roundabout proceed straight ahead. Continue along and just before reaching the roundabout turn left down a private lane, identified by the for sale board and Barlaine House will be found on the left hand side identified by the for sale board.
1. MONEY LAUNDERING REGULATIONS: Intending purchasers will be asked to produce identification documentation at a later stage and we would ask for your co-operation in order that there will be no delay in agreeing the sale.
2. General: While we endeavour to make our sales particulars fair, accurate and reliable, they are only a general guide to the property and, accordingly, if there is any point which is of particular importance to you, please contact the office and we will be pleased to check the position for you, especially if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
3. Measurements: These approximate room sizes are only intended as general guidance. You must verify the dimensions carefully before ordering carpets or any built-in furniture.
4. Services: Please note we have not tested the services or any of the equipment or appliances in this property, accordingly we strongly advise prospective buyers to commission their own survey or service reports before finalising their offer to purchase.
5. THESE PARTICULARS ARE ISSUED IN GOOD FAITH BUT DO NOT CONSTITUTE REPRESENTATIONS OF FACT OR FORM PART OF ANY OFFER OR CONTRACT. THE MATTERS REFERRED TO IN THESE PARTICULARS SHOULD BE INDEPENDENTLY VERIFIED BY PROSPECTIVE BUYERS OR TENANTS. NEITHER SEQUENCE (UK) LIMITED NOR ANY OF ITS EMPLOYEES OR AGENTS HAS ANY AUTHORITY TO MAKE OR GIVE ANY REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY WHATEVER IN RELATION TO THIS PROPERTY.
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-10846866.html
Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) graphs
To view this property or request more details, contact:
Map & Street View
To view this property or request more details, contact:
Disclaimer - Property reference PON104424. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by William H. Brown, Pontefract. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.